Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-20-2010, 05:17 PM   #1 
Narnian

Smile Tetra Waterworks 3 gallon cube: need info please!

Hello to everyone here! This is such a wonderful forum. I've been lurking for awhile now and finally decided to join, so this is my first post! I don't have any betta/s currently, and am just learning about them now, so you'll probably see lots of newbie questions from me.

Now, onto my question. I am looking at this tank:

I saw the 1.5 gallon cube at Walmart, but feel it is too small so am looking at the 3 gallon one online. If anyone here has a tank like this, can you please post photos of it and tell me exact inches of the TANK only, not counting the black base or light. Also, are you happy with it and do you feel it's fairly roomy? I already checked out the post with everyone's tanks, and saw a few cubes in there, but couldn't always tell which size they were.

Narnian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 05:20 PM   #2 
doubleatheman

This thread talks about that tank:

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=39500

It looks like a good little tank! I would get it, if I could actually find it in a store.
doubleatheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 05:25 PM   #3 
Narnian

Thank you, doubleatheman. However, the tank in that thread appears to be a cylindrical shape of some sort (never seen that for sale before), not the cube one I have pictured in my post.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:26 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 05:50 PM   #5 
bloo97

Hi!
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:47 PM   #6 
1fish2fish

I've never seen the cube before in a 3 gallon. The only problem I would have with it is if it doesn't have a hood/lid of some sort.. bettas can be jumpers. Besides that I think it would be good.

The tank in my thread is shaped like a race track oval and I think thats the only difference. I'd never seen them before either but they were at my walmart... I'm planning to check the walmarts near my college to see if maybe it was just a fluke at that particular store.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:03 PM   #7 
Narnian

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! And yes, it does have a lid on it (hard to tell by the photo.) I certainly am paranoid about fish jumping out. Ok, so silly me! I was thinking about the dimensions, and if it's 11x11 on the sides, it must also be 11 from top to bottom, since it's a cube,.......right? LOL. It actually says 18" tall, but that factors in the base and light.

I reeeeeeally love this aquarium now! I need it! (and I still want to see people's pictures of it if they own this tank) :D
Old 03-20-2010, 08:34 PM   #8 
1fish2fish

Try googling images of it.. you might find a picture of it in use.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:35 PM   #9 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Welcome to the forum! I have the 1.5G one for one of my small females and she loves it. The only think that I don't like about it is the light isn't that bright, but it looks like that light is bigger than the one for the 1.5G. I remember reading a post on here that someone got that tank from walmart...I can't remember who it was though.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:52 PM   #10 
Narnian

Yes, I saw that post too. It was someone from Georgia. Unfortunately, I have never seen the 3 gallon one at my Walmart. :( I want it so much but can only find it for $39.99 on Amazon. I have a small amount of credit to put towards it, but it's not enough. Would be nice to find it somewhere cheaper.

How often do you need to change the 1.5 gallon, BettaxFishxCrazy, btw?

Tags
3 gallon, aquarium, cube, tank, tetra, waterworks