Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-23-2010, 09:01 PM   #1 
cloudgodd

How hard is it?

to find a Spade Dragon? and where would you suggest looking for one?
cloudgodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:06 PM   #2 
1fish2fish

Aquabid would be the first place to start. As far as I know a spade tail isn't really a desireable trait so I don't know how many people would be breeding for it. It usually crops up in HMPK lines so if you look and put feelers out you might find one.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:28 PM   #3 
WuGolfer07
Banned

i checked out aquad bid...buuuut i have read that aquabid was just as bad as craiglist was with scams ( ppl NEVER getting their fish in the mail) so i didnt even bother looking around haha.. is that site bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
Aquabid would be the first place to start. As far as I know a spade tail isn't really a desireable trait so I don't know how many people would be breeding for it. It usually crops up in HMPK lines so if you look and put feelers out you might find one.
WuGolfer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:33 PM   #4 
xxabc

Really? I've heard nothing but good on that site, weird,,,and same with Craigslist, I use it myself. I would thing Aquabid as well for spade tails, but honestly you may have a really hard time. I hardly see spade tails - however dragons are much more popular on aquabid now. Good luck! Search around online for local breeders, other sites, good luck~
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:35 PM   #5 
WuGolfer07
Banned

well from my own personal experience, craigs list for the most part is a joke...sooo i am very skeptical about aquabid haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxabc View Post
Really? I've heard nothing but good on that site, weird,,,and same with Craigslist, I use it myself. I would thing Aquabid as well for spade tails, but honestly you may have a really hard time. I hardly see spade tails - however dragons are much more popular on aquabid now. Good luck! Search around online for local breeders, other sites, good luck~
WuGolfer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:45 PM   #6 
xxabc

Ah I see, well my experience with Craigslist is wonderful, so go figure I say nice things about the website ha. But I'm completely aware about the issues running around as well. As for Aquabid, I've never used it, but it seems very very nice, and of everything Ii've heard on the website, was nothing but good things.
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:06 AM   #7 
1fish2fish

Aquabid is more like ebay.. the stuff is regulated. I would recommend you get a paypal account (its free)... that way if you don't receive what you bought you can withdraw your payment.

I have never heard a bad thing about aquabid.. especially if you go through a highly rated breeder.

Now craigslist and the others like it anybody can put anything up... thats why it always says meet face to face and pay in person. I would never pay someone on craigslist until I had the object in my possession.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:46 PM   #8 
ScuitoAmi150

I have a Spade Cambodian. I'd LOOOOVE a Spade dragon.
ScuitoAmi150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:47 PM   #9 
reaperss06

I know this is off subject a little bit. Craigslist seems to be trying to change, and don't really allow much up that isnt useful, or maybe they don't allow what is useful. Either way I'm mentioning this because I put up my website so I could try and get more traffic, it got flagged the next day, yet others get theirs up no problem.
reaperss06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:55 PM   #10 
1fish2fish

There is a breeder on my other forum who has a few spade dragons... I don't know if he's breeding them or not.