Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-24-2010, 06:10 PM   #11 
WuGolfer07
Banned

Turns out I used to much conditioner. My other 2 habitats also fogged up. All I well now and water changes will occur haha. Thankyou eveyone :)

[quote=cloudgodd;350089]Never or rarly trust what a pet store tells you, you [b]
WuGolfer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:15 PM   #12 
xxabc

If you do keep on deciding to go there for checks, at least make them give you some ACTUAL numbers. "Fine" can be defined to different ways for different people.

Is there a chance it would be bacteria bloom? I know once day I messed up my filter - boom. Bacteria bloom for a couple days or so. Went away on its own though.
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:16 PM   #13 
xxabc

Lol, well never mind then.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:42 PM   #14 
WuGolfer07
Banned

Well, almost eveything i have been told at petsmart and petco I have also been told/read on this forum haha
Old 03-24-2010, 06:49 PM   #15 
xxabc

Lol, lucky you...

Just FYI, a good majority of the time -and especially with bettas- there are things the LFS says that are wrong, like the "Betta's don't need a filter or heater! They love small spaces!" quote I hear so often here, where I live. Apparently it goes on at other places, and there are looooots of other stuff that is also incorrect. Not saying this is everywhere, but it just seems to happen so often that you just have to begin to take what they say with a grain of salt But hopefully your petco/petsmarts are better.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:21 PM   #16 
Betta4lyfe

If you just got a new filter chances are it's still cycling this if im not mistaken happens when you get a new filter and or tank so it shouldent put your fish in danger i suggest you wait a couple of weeks and it should clear it self out but do water changes every other day...To be honest my tank is foggy right now too i just got a new tank filter and heater. Oh and i would still ask others because again ...im no expert

Good luck
Betta4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:56 PM   #17 
WuGolfer07
Banned

the filters have been removed and the water changes have happened! I used the correct amount this time ( according to the bottle and not 1 and half times the suggested amount like that pet store lady told me to do :[ ) So far, so good =] and the bettas seem A LOT happier with out those pesky filters haha
Old 03-24-2010, 11:21 PM   #18 
cloudgodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuGolfer07 View Post
Well, almost eveything i have been told at petsmart and petco I have also been told/read on this forum haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuGolfer07 View Post
the filters have been removed and the water changes have happened! I used the correct amount this time ( according to the bottle and not 1 and half times the suggested amount like that pet store lady told me to do :[ ) So far, so good =] and the bettas seem A LOT happier with out those pesky filters haha

aren't these a contradiction in terms?
cloudgodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:24 PM   #19 
dramaqueen
Banned

I believe that WuGolfer said ALMOST everything.:)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:40 AM   #20 
WuGolfer07
Banned

Just about EVERY thread on here contradicts another thread, so whatever single me out, I don't care :)