Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-26-2010, 09:18 PM   #11 
CDederick

Thanks everyone, I put him in the new (thoroughly cleaned) tank two days ago and he seems to like it. :) My only concern is, I'm beginning to wonder if the aquarium heater is burning him? Anyone have a problem with heaters? I have a Tronic heater for a 15-gallon tank, but when my betta swims close to it he shoots away like it might be too hot. When I put my finger on the heater inside the water it only takes a few seconds to really heat up my skin, and I'm sure it's even more so for a fish. The heater is turned up all the way because the water only gets to about 78 degrees while it's fully on (I have a chilly apartment). Anyone have any tips on proper heater use? It was a $30 heater, so it would be a bummer to have to get a different one!
Here are some pictures of the aquarium and a closer one of him, but sorry they're so grainy since the only camera I have is the one on my iphone. (Hope these photos work...)

CDederick is offline   Reply With Quote