Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-02-2010, 02:04 PM   #71 
BerkB33

Holy Cow! A sense of humor too! You know...with successes and awards being bestowed upon you like this....it probably means many more job offers. Who knows...you could moderate your OWN bettafish.com one day?
BerkB33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 03:13 PM   #72 
breannakristine

How is little mr poofish doing now?
breannakristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 05:34 PM   #73 
Tinman23

I agree with everyone else, obviousley he going uncared for and needs a proper home. If he is being neglected to that point then I cant see any reason as to why she wont let you take him.
Tinman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:50 AM   #74 
SilersAngryMeow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerkB33 View Post
Holy Cow! A sense of humor too! You know...with successes and awards being bestowed upon you like this....it probably means many more job offers. Who knows...you could moderate your OWN bettafish.com one day?
Oh, let's not get ahead of ourselves ;) Sure, maybe somebody the President will create a Secretary of Bettas position in his cabinet, and of course I would be the natural choice... who knows? For now, I'm focused on Poofish. LOL
SilersAngryMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:08 PM   #75 
SilersAngryMeow

Quote:
Originally Posted by breannakristine View Post
How is little mr poofish doing now?
I forgot to say in my last post - I got an email back from my friend. She said she was glad I took him, because she was meaning to "get rid of him" (What does THAT mean, anyway?? I hope she meant "give him away") and forgot about it before she went on vacation. Guess he's mine!

He's doing well... I think his color looks nice, except he still has what I'm calling "PooFin". His small dangly fins up front have some brownish stuff of them (I swear, it can't be natural) and one of them is bent up. I don't know if that's a big deal - he seems to be okay otherwise.

I tried to take a picture of the PooFin phenomenon. It's darn hard to take pictures of this fish! How do you people do this?? By the time I click the button, he's swimming away, so I just end up with dozen pictures of his back side. I'm posting one of those too - cuz they're kinda funny. :)
Attached Images

SilersAngryMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:09 PM   #76 
Bettabubble3

:0 i just red this WHOLE thread. Everysingle post. Every picture. And i just wanted to say. You are those people on Earth that actually have hearts. Thankyou so much for saving Poofish. :) Your the best and you deserve an award. Comment me when she gets back and you tell her the story please :) PLEASEEE !! I wanna know what she says.
Bettabubble3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:10 PM   #77 
Bettabubble3

oops i didnt read the thread before :( lol well im still happy :)
Bettabubble3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:58 PM   #78 
xxabc

He may be getting old and losing color. I would still give him time (up to weeks) to fully begin to panick, although I'm sure he's doing wonderfully happy :)

I heard some curling of the fin can be caused do to long exposure to high ammonia (*coughthebowlcough*). I have no way to prove it, but I've just been told / read.

Also, there HAVE been brown bettas, more of a "chocolate" type... he could have a gene from a chocolate betta? Unlikely, but hey.
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 05:21 PM   #79 
dramaqueen
Banned

"Getting rid " of him probably means flushing him.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 05:23 PM   #80 
xxabc

I would say "getting rid of him" is flushing him.
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
poor fishy