Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-17-2014, 04:33 AM   #1 
Lizz

Talking what a little weirdo

i have noticed two things about Vincent in the past few weeks.

1. He likes to be near me as often as possible and will stare at me if he thinks im not looking. when I am looking he spins around with his back to me and peaking over his shoulder. O.o

2. he has had a recent bout with tail biting and i finally figured out why. When he started doing it i had recently moved his tank away from a window because we arranged my dorm room. now that I'm back home I put him on my night stand next to my window and his fins are growing back. The weirdo likes windows.

What weird things do you notice about your betta?
Lizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 08:31 AM   #2 
Betaphototramp

I don't think he is a weirdo. He enjoys being entertained. Being in an area near a window gives him a sense of adventure. Bettas love attention from their companions and I know my Harry loves to play games when I come in the room. He hides in his plants and charges out to meet me in his fearsome fighting fish show. He enjoys being talked to and loves his window. He watches the birds on the feeder and has daily routines of exploring his tank. Bettas get bored. But if you play with them and make them happy they will preform in a very brilliant way. Oh and he hates it when I do a 100% water change of his tank. ( I put him in my 10 gallon until his tank is ready He has made some friends there.) When I put him back in a nice clean tank and rearrange the plants He won't talk to me. he completely Ignores me for days except when it's time to be feed. (he will never refuse food.) he will explore the new tank and ( his old one with plants rearranged) and slowly during the next couple of days will come back out and play.
Betaphototramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 02:57 PM   #3 
Pippin

My betta shoves his head into the gravel at top speed when he sees me and wants food. He's not the smartest of bettas. He's not helping withthat either.
Pippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 03:04 PM   #4 
CheeseEstep

mine stairs at the running water when im washing dishes......
and HE IS A PEEPING TOM- when I get change in the bathroom(house sitting) he will stair at me in the mirror until im done changing....
CheeseEstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:35 AM   #5 
Lizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippin View Post
My betta shoves his head into the gravel at top speed when he sees me and wants food. He's not the smartest of bettas. He's not helping withthat either.
sounds like a special one! haha i would be careful he doesn't hurt himself though. that would scare me.
Old 05-18-2014, 01:36 AM   #6 
Lizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseEstep View Post
mine stairs at the running water when im washing dishes......
and HE IS A PEEPING TOM- when I get change in the bathroom(house sitting) he will stair at me in the mirror until im done changing....
The staring thing is one of the reasons i got vincent. he was very curious and when i walked by his jar i felt him staring (it was kinda creepy) but staring at running water is hilarious.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:10 PM   #7 
Sathori

Gajeel, my HM, builds a giant bubble nest in the corner of the tank closest to the nearby 10 gallon, and just sits under it and watches the other fish in the other tank. If Gray, the betta in the 10 gallon, swims near by, Gajeel will flare, but not move.

He reminds me of a grumpy old man, sitting on his porch in his rocking chair, yelling at the "youngin's" for being too noisy xD
Sathori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 04:38 PM   #8 
Netti

LOL, you guys have lovable little weirdos. I was trying to think what could be considered weird about our Malcolm. The only thing I can come up with is, that he seems to be in love with my husband. As soon as my husband sits down on the couch on the other side of the betta tank, then Malcolm goes over there and just hangs out with him. He seems to like his voice, lol!
Netti is offline   Reply With Quote