Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-24-2014, 02:09 PM   #21 
Eep Crood

I can easily bump it up to 60 during sheds by spraying... But how do I know if she's going to shed?
Eep Crood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:13 PM   #22 
tromboneplaya

They'll go blue. Her colors will dull and her eye caps will get this opaque blue color to them. She'll be like that for a few days, then her colors will go back to a more normal look (clear eye caps, etc) then she'll shed within a couple days.
tromboneplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:31 PM   #23 
Eep Crood

Week 2 day 1

Today marks the end of week one and beginning of week two
My little sister, eight years old, held Cassey today and got bitten- twice!!! She touched Casey's head, I think that's why.
Last night at about 8 I shut my door to keep my cats out of my room. I turned off the light, and wend out of my room for about an hour. I went back upstairs to my room, turned the light on, and Cassey was out!i could not believe my own eyes! Boy, those creatures never come out unless you turn off the light and leave the room.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:46 PM   #24 
Eep Crood

Week 2 day 2

Not much to report. Cassey still hides, I wonder how active she really is at night. She is so dirty, I hope she sheds soon!
Old 05-26-2014, 05:24 PM   #25 
Eep Crood

Week 2 day 3

Cassey is stupidly dirty. I tried to bathe her in a tub of water, but she did NOT like it, she kept trying to escape!!! Just gotta wait until she sheds...
She's still really shy, if I lift up her decorations to play with her, will it make her feel insecure? I really have no other way, since she's never out.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:41 PM   #26 
tromboneplaya

My only suggestion with the dirty thing, is to try a new bedding. I've used almost everything, and the only thing I like is Carefresh. Carefresh is generally used for small animals, but is perfectly safe for snakes as well. It won't leave a dirty dusty residue on them, which is what most wood bedding does in my experience. And yeah, I don't think too many snakes like to be bathed, but it's a necessary evil.

You can lift up the decorations to get her, it won't hurt anything. If my snakes aren't out and I need to feed or clean or whatever, I just lift up their hides and get them out.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:33 PM   #27 
Eep Crood

week 2 day 4

I tried to feed Cassey today. i held it up in fromt of her, and she striked, and put it in her mouth, and spit it out! was the mouse too cold? was she not hungry? did the mouse not taste good? or was she just more interested in escaping? what was going on? she just kept trying to escape. she always has successful feedings, even at the pet store. i tried leaving her in the bin for awhile with the mouse, and she escaped! i frantically searched all over my room, knowing she was NOT buried in the wood chips this time, i found her coiled around the electric wires.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:22 PM   #28 
tromboneplaya

If I had to guess, she's getting ready to shed. Mine usually go off food while they shed. Snakes are already blind when that happens, and they generally don't want to put themselves into more danger by being blind and full. Just keep an eye on her and make sure she doesn't skip too many meals without any signs of shedding.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:17 PM   #29 
Eep Crood

week 2 day 5

yeah, im not sure when she last shedded, ive had her for a week and a half and she hasnt shed yet. but shedding would be nice, as it would make her less dirty. however, you said they turn blue, but she hasnt turned blue. she is an albino, could that jave some effect on what color she is before she sheds? im planning on trying to feed her tomorrow, should i wait longr?

i havent handled her all day, in case she is shedding, and so shell be more likely to eat her next meal.
Old 05-30-2014, 04:52 PM   #30 
Eponine

What a lovely snakey!
Eponine is offline   Reply With Quote