Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-26-2010, 07:25 PM   #11 
BettaxFishxCrazy

No, I know you weren't knocking them. I just don't want him/her to end up with dead fish. Males are very territorial and sometimes females can be worse.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:29 PM   #12 
WuGolfer07
Banned

has anyone on here actually TRIED a 135gal setup for bettas? I mean, that is A LOT of room for bettas. Does anyone actually know 100% what would actually happen ( and can back that up with solid and credible facts)? Just curious...
WuGolfer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:33 PM   #13 
BettaxFishxCrazy

You never know what'll happen for sure unless you try it. But, some of us have had experiences with fish jumping over dividers and attacking each other or trying to breed and one attacks the other. Some bettas are more aggressive than others though.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:34 PM   #14 
WuGolfer07
Banned

easy way to solve fish from jumping over the divider... have a cover on the tank lol problem solved =]
Old 03-26-2010, 07:41 PM   #15 
BettaxFishxCrazy

I had a cover on my tank when one of my females jumped onto the other females side. I've also heard of other instances that the tank had a hood and their males still jumped. They can be sneaky buggers.lol
Old 03-26-2010, 07:43 PM   #16 
WuGolfer07
Banned

how is the possible? if the cover is flat and flush with the top ( like mine is and yes their are breathing gaps, but not big enough for the fish to jump though) how in the world can they jump in the other side if the divider is the same height as the tank lol with a flat cover? seems impossible to me haha
Old 03-26-2010, 07:46 PM   #17 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Idk, I'll ask my females.hahaha :P Their tank hood isn't completely flat, it curves up a little.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:47 PM   #18 
WuGolfer07
Banned

very sneaky haha i personally have never seen a betta jump, sounds like i dont want to either haha
Old 03-26-2010, 07:50 PM   #19 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Yeah, I haven't either. I woke up one morning and both females were on the same side all torn up. Silly fish...lol
Old 03-26-2010, 07:53 PM   #20 
herbwin

I have actually kept multiple male bettas in larger tanks. They squabble, but if they have enough room to spread out they just stake their territories. But, like was mentioned, sometimes you just get a mean one
Posted via Mobile Device
herbwin is offline   Reply With Quote