Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-17-2014, 09:23 PM   #1 
KodaBear

"Male" with very visible vertical stripes and egg spot

After my two aquabid fish dieing and my hopes of breeding being flushed down the toilet,I decided to just stick to keeping bettas without breeding them.So today I went out to buy 2 fish to replace the ones that died.I came back with 3 lol.One once I got it out of the bad lighting in the store I noticed that it had a prominent egg spot.After plopping it in the divided tank next too a male it started started striping up with very noticeable verticals stripes.Could it just have been a misslabelee on petsmart's part?It actually looks like one of my female veil tails in body shape.It doesn't really have what you would call a veiltail
KodaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 09:44 PM   #2 
KodaBear

I'm almost completly certain that it is a she. But here's a picture for reference
Old 05-18-2014, 03:59 PM   #3 
KodaBear

Ah ,he is definitely a she.Her male neighbor has been flirting and has built a nice sized bubble nest.*sighs*If only they weren't veiltails,I would actually go for breeding them then.