Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-26-2010, 08:35 AM   #1 
breannakristine

Bettas are like Crack XD

Or so my brother says. He keeps teasing me about getting rid of my "addiction" which is my 5 beautiful boys. XD I took pictures of them all yesterday in celebration of my newest addition.

-------------------------------------------------

First up is Blowfish. Those of you who have seen him before will notice his tail. =( He started tearing at it and it got that short before I read that plants could cause it. As soon as I learned that I gave him a new one and since then his tail has grown back some. I am hoping it will grow back to its former glory someday. He is my longest living fish to date, even outlasting the first Betta we got when we moved to NC, Leonidas (RIP)

This is Blowfish's tank. I'm thinking of taking out one of the plants. Not sure yet though. He seems to like them all and will hide from me in them. I changed his water and cleaned his tank yesterday and I thought he was going to die because when I put him back in he started to spaz out and float to the bottom and then spaz out some more. He is fine now, thankfully but now he is scared of me. He used to flare up at my finger if I put it near the tank but now he runs away o.o which is weird because he never used to.

Here is the rest of our tank setup. We have them on one of our end tables and until I can get the right LED lights for the three tanks we have to turn the lamp on above them to give them some light when it gets dark out. Those are the three tanks I made another topic about. The boys have more room to swim in that I originally thought because the plants are not as big as I thought they would be. lol. I plan on buying one more for the new boy soon.

Now, this is Spartacus. I think he is a dragon. Not entirely sure though. If you know please let me know! This boy is a chicken. Seriously. Ever since I bought him he always runs away from me just like Blowfish is starting to do. I guess he is just skittish but I notice that every crowntail I've had has been this way. Hootie was (RIP) as were the ones I had in Texas.

This is Diamond Boy. My mother named him because his color reminds her of Diamonds XD Diamond Boy is my camera shy fish. He wouldn't flare for me no matter what I did so you can't really see him and his color in all its glory.

I let my brother name this boy and he chose Blood Rayne. I don't know where he came up with it but I think it suits him just fine because this is our most aggressive boy. I caught this pic just as he was coming out of a flare at Spartacus. Notice his tail. That's the reason I bought him. His tail intrigued me. I think maybe he was going to be a double but his genes stopped short or something? -shrug-

And now for the new boy. We went into WalMart last night because Chuy broke his latest crate so we were going to get our money back. Well in customer service the lady was too lazy to call down to the pet section to get the item number so she had us go and get another box and while there we picked up a travel box for him so he can't brake it. We were walking back and past the fish when I spotted this guy. All the Bettas were
alive (for once) and this boy caught my eye because... Obviously he is beautiful! I picked him up, turned to my mom and said "I'm getting him" and I walked to get him a plant. All the while she was like "We don't need another one" and I'm like "I don't care" hehe. I love this fish. He is such a character. I let my mom name him and she picked Purple Haze so that's what we are calling him.

-------------------------------------------------

So, what do you guys think?
Also, I want to see your bettas!
breannakristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:27 AM   #2 
doggyhog

Nice fish you've got! Welcome!

Spartacus is not a dragon.

LOL most of us have too many bettas to even put in a thread! If you go through the previous threads I've started, there are some pics in those threads. :)
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:09 AM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

Welcome to the forum. Your bettas are beautiful!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:58 AM   #4 
DragonFish

lol, so true xDD Once you get a taste of a bettas personality and charm, your hooked for life ;)

I LOVE your boys! <3 Especially Diamond Boy, he reminds me of my first betta. :)

And I must ask...those other three tanks...I REALLY like them. xD How big are they? Where did you get them?
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:38 AM   #5 
doggyhog

I believe those are "Halfmoon" tanks from Petco.

http://www.petco.com/product/110575/...:referralID=NA
Old 03-26-2010, 11:45 AM   #6 
DragonFish

Aww, darn, its only 3 liters D: I really like the look of that tank....can't they make cool stuff thats 2.5+ gallons? :/
Old 03-26-2010, 11:49 AM   #7 
doggyhog

I know!!! There IS a 10g version of it, but it's 100 bucks. :/
Old 03-26-2010, 11:53 AM   #8 
DragonFish

Geez, I wouldn't even want it that big....likes like 2.5-5 gallons or something so I could cycle it and it would fit in a smaller space :P Hmm....maybe thats a profession to think about going into: Designing cool, properly sized, affordable betta tanks xD
Old 03-26-2010, 01:56 PM   #9 
Brinni

Beautiful boys you have there! I only have one and I already want another lol His name is Haru and hes in my avatar ^_^
I can definately see now how it can become an addiction they are such great little pets!
Brinni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:52 PM   #10 
mysquishy

Beautiful bettas!!! They are like an addiction. I already want a couple more.
mysquishy is offline   Reply With Quote