Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-26-2010, 05:19 PM   #1 
ThePearlFish

My New Betta Firefly! Gorgeous! Pics Heavy

Meet Firefly!

I went to Petco today cus I had a ten percent off coupon and wanted to get a filter for my 55g and I saw this boy and I was like ''nahh I couldn't!" even though I kept raving about how beautiful he was to my BF in the store and my BF is like "you should get him he would look great in your spring section!" and so I got him cus I ad the excuse and he is beautiful!!! I am def. glad I got him! :D

He was listed as a Delta tail. And on the way home I named him Firefly. I know these aren't the best pics (I am planning on getting better ones.) Speedbump my yellow betta saw him floating in his cup before I put him in and he started flaring!!! He has never done that before to any of the fish in his section but he obviously recognized Firefly as a rival Betta! Smart fish! Firefly has been exploring his section and flaring back at Speedbump. Then Speedbump turned to me and started flaring at me! As if I committed the atrocious act of bringing another Betta into HIS tank. haha! :P He then turned back o Firefly as if to say, "Look Buddy! My mom might have brought you here, but this is MY tank and I am wayyy bigger than you got it?" :P

(they have been competing for the last 15 min. and the tetra are like "what's goin on?? and the cories are like "food! food! gotta forage for food!" haha!

Anyways he is Firefly. Again NOT the best pics, but what would you call his coloring (He is way less dull in person of course LOL. a soft greenish yellow blue with slight iridescence to him and he has blue eyes!! my phone's camera sucks)?

and a pic right after Speedbump scolded me (flared) :P

~TPF
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:21 PM   #2 
mysquishy

Oh wow, he is very pretty.
mysquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:30 PM   #3 
ThePearlFish

omg I totally had a heart attack!!! Firefly was lying on his side perfectly still!! OMG I touched him lightly and he got startled and swam away really fast, THANK GOD! but he looks a bit stressed and lethargic I don't know why. I plopped a few bloodworms in there, hopefully he gets an appetite and eats them. Maybe cus he has not been in water this warm before cus he was in his cup?? the thermometer says 76.8 degrees. either that of because he doesn't have a decoration to hide in his section yet.

Anyways, I hope he does well :-/ if he lasts overnight I will be satisfied.

Thank you mysquishy :)

~TPF
Old 03-26-2010, 05:36 PM   #4 
mysquishy

Awww... I hope he starts being more active for you. Maybe he is just getting used to his new home. My new boy was kind of like that when I first got him home and now he is crazy and swims all over the place.
mysquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:50 PM   #5 
ThePearlFish

I hope so. he is swimming around more and is quiet around Speedbump now though Speedbump still thinks he has to prove something. Maybe he just was like "look, I am pretending dead you win" :-/ I hope that is all that was...

~TPF
Old 03-26-2010, 06:23 PM   #6 
doggyhog

If you have an extra plant or cave, just pop it in there so he has something to hide in. :)

He's AWESOME!!!! I love the green on him! Awesome!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:52 PM   #7 
Jupiter

He'sc very pretty! Probably just adjusting to his new home-I'd add a plant or something to make him secure.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:02 PM   #8 
WuGolfer07
Banned

wait.. you have TWO males in the same tank? i thought that was not allowed
WuGolfer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:36 PM   #9 
Jupiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuGolfer07 View Post
wait.. you have TWO males in the same tank? i thought that was not allowed
She has dividers between them.