Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-27-2010, 03:57 PM   #1 
xswornxoffxjello

Divider?

I'm getting a 10gal soon! I'm going to put two guys in there; my crowntail, and the other I have yet to find. Betta hunting, yay!! The thing is, I can't find any dividers. Can you buy them at a store? Do you make them? If so, how? I want them to be separate, of course.
xswornxoffxjello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 04:01 PM   #2 
xxabc

I would hope you'd want them seperate too, hahah

I use the "plastic mesh" divider. Consists of one or two sheets of plastic mesh (depends how think you want it to be) and reportfolder-spines. Not the correct term, but it's the removable spines from report-folders. Cost me a couple dollars, at most? You'll have to work with is though, putting stuff against it so it doesn't fall, a good amount of gravel so they don't swim through, and the spines are for support as well.

Found my mesh at walmart, but you can get them at any craft store. Found my reportfolder-spines from Staples, in a pack of 6. Came in different colors. have fun :)
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 04:10 PM   #3 
Kaisa

the spines are called 'slide-grip report covers' I just got some from the doller store today- 4 for $0.99 ... i got them before at staples, 6 for $2.99 and it only came in blue where as the doller store had all diff colors inc. black

the mesh from craft store is good or you can just browse the stationary/school supplies section at the doller store or any store and see what you type of hard plastic you can find then make your own holes..

eta: you can also buy them at LFS but there like $10-$15 for one. To make your own cost like $1.00 each! way cheaper

Last edited by Kaisa; 03-27-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Kaisa is offline   Reply With Quote