Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-27-2010, 05:06 PM   #1 
Skittlz

aquarium salt and stress coat questions. :)

I bought both for my fish today because we watched as he swam passed a little figurine and tore a huge hole in his fin (we took it out). he is still swimming fine but i dont want it to get infected. We are going to do a 50% water change daily until it heals.

both salt and stress coat say they help injuries such as this and i was wondering what one is better in this situation/ what do they do differently? and if there is any special procedure to using them.

sorry for all the questions :-/ i just worry about my fish too much sometimes and seeing a hole in his fin is distressing.
Skittlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 05:34 PM   #2 
xxabc

Aquarium salt works fine for me, but I've never used stress coat before. Really if you do water changes it SHOULD be fine, but no harm in playing safe.

What I also do is feed my betta fish pellets/food dipped in garlic juice. It works absolute wonders as well, and works nicely with aquarium salt :) Except I dip every single pellet in garlic juice daily. Bettas seem to LOVE garlic juice, as I've never heard of one rejecting it, unless it got too soggy. Good luck~
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 05:38 PM   #3 
Skittlz

Thanks, i will try the garlic juice too, sound interesting.
Skittlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 05:52 PM   #4 
xxabc

You may only need to soak for a minute or so. I would try to soak it as long as possible, but for my bettas, neither accept any pellet that has been soaked for over a minute.
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote