Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-27-2010, 04:10 PM   #1 
xxabc

Bettas in pH out of their range?

I'm curious. I know bettas can definitely adapt to a pH out of there range, like one too high or low (like pH 6 or pH 8). I'm pretty sure there are some people here who are dealing with out-of-range pH's as well.

So if you stuck a betta in pH 8 or 6, would anythign come of it? Would the tails be different (thinner/thicker)? Would the tails be healthier? I'll be honest, I don't understand pH all too well. I just know bettas are generally okay with a good range, but preferable to 7ish.

I'm also asking because my red betta's tail is kinda funky, haha. It's a luscious cherry red until the very end, where it seems to completely thin out for a good centimeter. And in color, it's also a lighter-shade of red because the tail isn't as thick there. However the rays seem to be able to extend well in color.
There's nothing wrong with his tail either, I'm just curious. I know my city had changed their tap water. It used to be a nice 7-ish pH, but then I lost the master kit, and I was told that the water changes (so I'm assuming pH is different). Not sure if this affected his tail.

Thanks for any input~
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 04:54 PM   #2 
reaperss06

Mine seems to be normal in his ph level which is roughly 7.5 or 8. I haven't noticed anything different in them from what I read from other peoples bettas and such.
reaperss06 is offline   Reply With Quote