Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-28-2010, 11:53 AM   #1 
punkchica321

Two questions

Hey so I was just looking at Chevy and it seems like his body isn't as pale as it was yesterday. Could he have gotten burned by the heater since he goes by it sometimes, or is his colors just becoming better looking? His head is still the pale pinkish color it was when I saw him.

Right now:

Not the best picture but he didn't want to stay still.

Also how do I get him to eat? He doesn't seem to notice when I put it up there, also I think the filter moves it around too much before he can...so should I just turn it off during feeding time? I'm going to do that panty hose trick that someone suggested since the filter is probably a bit too strong for him. Gonna wait for my dad to get home though.
punkchica321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:05 PM   #2 
doggyhog

LOL he is brightened up because they get SO much prettier once they have a large warm tank!! If it was possible for a fish to get burned on a heater, they wouldn't sell them. :)

Since You just got him yesterday, give him a few days to eat. Keep offering him food, he'll eat eventually. Did you see the DIY filter baffle link in your other thread?
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:06 PM   #3 
Jupiter

He's just brightened up now that he's in better conditions. Heaters can't burn fish, mine hang around their heaters all the time. :)

He probably won't eat for the first few days...he is adjusting to his new home. Definitely put some pantyhose over the filter though, that will help.

Lol, Doggyhog posted at the same time as me. :P
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:10 PM   #4 
punkchica321

Yeah that's true...they wouldn't sell them if they did get burned. I'm such a worried wart though. :P And new to heaters. I will try either the pantyhose or the water bottle trick! Do I just put it on the bit that sucks up the water? I don't know the name for it...:-s
Old 03-28-2010, 12:24 PM   #5 
LisaC144

+1. Brightening up is a good thing! You can also do the water bottle trick to disburse the water and cut down on current.
LisaC144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:38 PM   #6 
punkchica321

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaC144 View Post
+1. Brightening up is a good thing! You can also do the water bottle trick to disburse the water and cut down on current.
Yep! That's what I'm going to do. :)
Old 03-28-2010, 02:29 PM   #7 
Min

None of my guys r the same color as when I bought them. My lil girl has even gotten a few more blue spots on her fins :) More color is never a bad thing IMO .
Min is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:44 PM   #8 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Just coloring up becuase he's in better conditions. I have a few that look absolutely nothing like they did in the death cups. As Martha would say... "it's a good thing"
Romad is online now   Reply With Quote