Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-17-2013, 01:03 PM   #1 
jayr232

WEAK powerhead for 13.5 gallon betta tank

I got a feeling that my current filter is not doing any good right now thats why im so fixated at powerheads...
I also think powerheads are much reliable and much easier to clean thats why im inclined to them
I cant use HOB because my aquarium has a frame of 2cm in length and the HOB wont fit
So can anyone suggest any weak powerhead?
jayr232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:40 PM   #2 
Chesh

I'm sorry, I don't know much about powerheads, but I have had good success in tanks of around this size using a sponge filter, powered by a simple bubbler.
You didn't mention what type of filter you are currently using. . . ^_^
Is this something that could possibly work for your setup?

. . . hopefully someone will be along with more experienced input for you soon. Good luck in solving your dilemma!

Last edited by Chesh; 11-19-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:30 AM   #3 
jayr232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesh View Post
I'm sorry, I don't know much about powerheads, but I have had good success in tanks of around this size using a sponge filter, powered by a simple bubbler.
You didn't mention what type of filter you are currently using. . . ^_^
Is this something that could possibly work for your setup?

. . . hopefully someone will be along with more experienced input for you soon. Good luck in solving your dilemma!
OOpss Sorry... I currently got Aquael PAT MINI
Old 11-21-2013, 10:11 AM   #4 
Chesh

Cute little filter! Bummer it didn't work out the way you wanted it to. . . :(
I hope someone else chimes in with more experienced input for you, if not, it might be worth a shot to try a humble sponge filter - they've worked for me in the past!
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #5 
jayr232

Yea. The reason I also want a weak powerhead is because it also takes small space but filters quite alot while sponge filter takes a lot of space and filters alot so i would go to something that will make my tank a tiny less crowded :)
Old 11-22-2013, 03:20 AM   #6 
sandybottom
Reference Team

the weakest in terms of gph is 240 gph. hydor koralia nano evolution aquarium circulater.try to find someone who has one and ask them how strong the flow really is. they appear to be small. do not think there are any weak powerheads,the name itself would be contradictory.maybe a nano canister filter would work. finnex makes one so does sunsun hw602b for around $30.00 i think. zoomed also makes one for turtles that may work.power heads do not give you any place to colonize bacteria unless they have a sponge attached like the one you have.you could probably rig one up with a sponge and aquarium tubing that has been drilled/perforated and attached to a powerhead. in effect it would be like the one you have,but homemade. taam has a rio+50 powerhead/pump that does 69 gph, on ebay.
sandybottom is offline   Reply With Quote