Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-06-2010, 09:59 AM   #41 
Neelie

^^^ woohoo amazon are excellent. used to buy so much from them its unreal!
Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:49 PM   #42 
Sarada

THANK YOU! I went and got mesh today but could not find the report binders anywhere...I even checked Walmart and our stationary store in town. Bah.
Sarada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:05 PM   #43 
Sarada

I think I found them on e-bay!!! Search 'durable binding' ;)
Sarada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:37 PM   #44 
Mermaid Fish

I found some! there called spine bars. :D
Mermaid Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:20 PM   #45 
FloridaBettas239

I divided one of my 10 gallon tanks. With the lee's aquarium divider's 8 dollars each i bought 3 and i built a plexi glass lid for the set up. The only thing was the water could pass threw but not enough i guess. Because the section's without the filter in it. The top of the water would get this coating on it. And it was nasty, So i went and bought 2 small sponge filter's and hooked then up to my control valve in my fish room. Then the 10 gallon was divided up into 4 section's. Letting each fish have 2.5 gallon's each and i put one sponge filter in one end section and the other in the other end section. Which left the 2 middle sections without any filters. But it didnt get slime on top of the water anywhere anymore. Before i just had a tetra 10 on there which is for a 10 gallon but it left slime on top of the water the sponge filter dont. I think because there's one at each end and because they bubble the water dont just dump it in the tank like a regular filter.

Anyway it didnt cost that much and i was housing 4 bettas in 2.5 gallon sections. Cycled and heated so there wasnt cleaning every day and the bettas were happy.
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:44 PM   #46 
Kempberk

Awesome!
Kempberk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:27 PM   #47 
Duskdog

I've been having a big problem finding the proper report covers in stores, too. I checked two Wal-Marts and two Targets and found plenty of report covers but none with that plastic spine that I remember from my school days. After checking two Staples, I found that they DID have the right thing, and they came in a six pack... but only in blue when I wanted black! They did have another brand in black, but they were too rounded to work properly, I think.

Finally I ended up finding some at Kroger, of all places. They come in three-packs - one red, one black, and one blue. After striking out everywhere else, I just bought four packs of those (I'm dividing into three sections).

Still, I spent less money buying four of those plus a couple of the plastic mesh sheets to make two dividers than I would have spent on one single ugly store-bought divider.
Duskdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:29 PM   #48 
Kempberk

Does anybody know how the mesh-dividing impacts the filtration? How do you guys do waterchanges with the compartments?
Kempberk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:25 PM   #49 
TaylorW

Ahhh! Sticky this! I was trying to find it out of curiosity the other day, and I couldn't find it :(
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:54 PM   #50 
Neelie

thanks for all the comments! i totally forgot bout this thread. totally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempberk View Post
Does anybody know how the mesh-dividing impacts the filtration? How do you guys do waterchanges with the compartments?
ummm the water flows through ok.
water changes are easy. i take out one betta and use a large siphon to take out water. bout half. fill it back up and put your one betta back in. done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskdog View Post
Still, I spent less money buying four of those plus a couple of the plastic mesh sheets to make two dividers than I would have spent on one single ugly store-bought divider.
very true! and they are fun to make too!
those ready dividers are pretty plump looking. too wide and often done sit right. and tilt....

EDIT BTW, i did replace the garden hose for the drip system with proper aquarium hosing!
Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote