Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-28-2011, 04:31 PM   #81 
ryansmith83

I should have mentioned that my dividers were not siliconed into the tank because I wanted them to be removable for cleaning or rearranging the tank. That's why there was a slight gap between the glass and the divider if the fish pushed hard enough on it. I didn't think they'd be able to move it, but I came home one day to find that was an incorrect assumption!

I went to the craft store again today to find a way to remedy my bettas being able to see each other through the black #7 mesh. The only thing I could find with smaller mesh was #14 Cross-Stitch Fabric at Michael's. I got the type made out of vinyl. It doesn't say non-toxic, but it does say that it's mashine-washable and it looks like it should be okay. I plan to just stitch a piece over the black #7 mesh I'm already using. The only downside is that it's white. :(

This vinyl cross-stitch fabric came in a roll. Has anyone ever used it? Is it fish-safe?
ryansmith83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:46 PM   #82 
bastage

I cant remove the sides in mine without a razor blade, but I can pull the mesh out & put it back without a problem for cleaning & what not. The mesh would jsut slide out..
bastage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:49 PM   #83 
Silverfang

a big thank you for this tutorial. Just hope the 7ct canvas won't be too much.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:21 PM   #84 
jskate94

Brilliant! <3
jskate94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:25 PM   #85 
Neelie

^^^ sorry for the very delayed replies ha. ye're very welcome. im glad this thread is helping a few ppl :) @ryansmith: yes, its safe to use. if you want to be 110% sure, just soak it in water for 48 hours and smell/taste the water. if its not smelly or has a funny taste its safe to use for your fish :)
Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:51 PM   #86 
nel3

i divided my 5 gal and i took pitluv's example to put in a jumping divder right on top of the main divider (3.5'' wide). the water level is just 1/5 inches below this barrier below. ive since cut a gap in the top cf so i can slide out the main divider when needed.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:25 AM   #87 
Sakura8

I just want to say this is a great tutorial and it really should be stickied. It's extremely helpful. :)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:43 AM   #88 
Draug Isilme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
I just want to say this is a great tutorial and it really should be stickied. It's extremely helpful. :)
I second the motion!! ^.^ It is a wonderful sticky and I'd like to be able to find it again when I'm able to divide my own tank!
Draug Isilme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:28 PM   #89 
Silverfang

it is great, I just hope I don't have to divide another tank, I don't need anymore males!
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:33 PM   #90 
EricNotErick89

I know this is really old but I'm new on here and found this really helpful going to divide my 20 gallon long for my 4 male bettas
EricNotErick89 is offline   Reply With Quote