Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Show Bettas
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-24-2014, 07:18 AM   #11 
daniella3d

Because he's really gorgious. Some people are willing to pay that much for a pet that they will like.

I paid 60$ for some of my fish and they are only pet, at least I will not breed them. Some of them have rosetail, and I like rosetail so I was choosing a fish with rosetail as much as possible. The more rosetail the better. I was still willing to pay such amount if money simply because I liked the look of the fish...don't care about breeding.

I don't like spoonhead too much, but for me it's not really a big deal since I don't want to breed. I just don't like red so I would not buy that specific fish, but I do have one with spoon head that I like a lot! lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myexplodingcat View Post
I'm just wondering why people are paying $100 or more plus the crazy shipping for him, unless they think he's show quality.

He's pretty... but not worth that much cash. Unless it's rich people bidding against each other or something? I don't know. It seems crazy.
daniella3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 03:11 PM   #12 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by myexplodingcat View Post
I'm just wondering why people are paying $100 or more plus the crazy shipping for him, unless they think he's show quality.

He's pretty... but not worth that much cash. Unless it's rich people bidding against each other or something? I don't know. It seems crazy.
Look at it this way; many excessive rayed bettas turn out rose. This guy doesn't look rose. Though he might carry it, but he doesn't show it. These mutations are difficult but possible. . . . price is for the achievement, what the betta carries and can (hopefully) pass on.

He is very impressive, specially in the eyes of hobbyists. And like trilobite said, certain areas don't have impressive bettas readily available. Some fanatics will pay much much more for mere odd color/s. So value also depends on the buyer's needs/plan, availability in his/her area, etc. Not just the betta itself.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:31 AM   #13 
BlueLacee

Location: Colorado Rockies, the Land of Skiing, Festivals, and Incredibly Rich
He is beautiful, but his fins look like they weigh a million tons. But, as someone said earlier, imagine what the buyer is keeling.
BlueLacee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:42 AM   #14 
Kiara1125

He's gorgeous. I see nothing wrong with this breeder. People are willing to spend as much as they can on something that they want. Why do you think people pay $300 for a shelter dog instead of $50 for one that has the same dogs? We're not talking about AKC dogs, I'm talking about the strays. People are willing to pay $300 and have people investigate their home rather than pay $50 for a dog that is so sweet but will have to be euthanized soon. Get the picture? It's all about supply and demand.

I wouldn't pay $105 for that betta, but he's absolutely gorgeous. I just don't know why you made them seem like such an awful person. Obviously people on this forum have bought from them before and they are highly satisfied. Now if they were selling the betta that trilobite took a picture of and they were expecting a lot of money? Yeah, no. But this gorgeous guy? Oh I'd buy him in an instant.

Now here's a fish bred by the same person. Still think they're terrible and crazy? I just might buy this guy ...

Last edited by Kiara1125; 05-27-2014 at 10:44 AM.
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crazy, not standard, rosetail, squirrel poo, weird