Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-29-2010, 11:30 PM   #1 
kpullen89

Aquabid Questions

I see people on here buying from aquabid all the time. I'm always on that sight drooling over all the GORGEOUS bettas. So is it worth it to pay more for aquabid fish? I'd like to know some opinions on this. And what happens if the fish arrives dead? Do you get your money back? How much does the shipping usually cost?

I've found some fancy fish through pet stores but I've heard breeder bred fish last longer? I'm basically trying to figure out if its all worth it.
kpullen89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:31 PM   #2 
nochoramet

Well I bought Frusciante from a lady in florida and he arrived alive, after a harrowing journey through 30* weather. Don't do what I did, I almost lost him because of my stupidity. I'd recommend buying during the warmer months if you want to use priority shipping instead of express, that way they won't freeze to death. It's worth it if you see a beautiful fish that you want to breed, and that appeals to you personally. I love my guy! Shipping usually is stated in the auction, but priority is $15 and express is $30 on average. Most breeders guarantee live fish with express only, and you'll only get the money spent on the fish back, not the shipping costs.

Warning:once you make an account, it's HARD not to keep buying!!

Last edited by nochoramet; 03-30-2010 at 08:33 PM.
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:59 PM   #3 
1fish2fish

Some breeders will give you another fish if you get a DOA but again you have to pay the shipping costs.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:23 AM   #4 
sstacy19

I have bought 3 from aquabid..shipping is VERY expensive! Honestly, in mu opinion it is better to find a beauty in the local petstore. One of my guys came from PA and he was soooo cold!! (50 degrees outside the two days he traveled)...he cost me $45 with shipping (he hs been acting really strange...like he has terets-can't spell)
the other two arrived yesterday, it cost me $52 to ship them from Thailand to Michigan. So the total was $98 for them...that brings the total for 3 fish to a whopping $150! Then of course the tank setup etc... Yep, silly dumb blond polish girl acts before she thinks all the time! Learn from my mistakes ;)
sstacy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:07 PM   #5 
1fish2fish

I agree with Stacy. IMO unless your breeding or have access to fish from local breeders (i.e. shows, fish clubs, etc) paying that much for a pet is not worth it. MAYBE if you find a US breeder that will do priority shipping and you get a good deal on the fish itself it might be worth it. Of course if you have the money to throw away thats another thing LOL. I'm not a gambler and paying $50+ for a fish that could be DOA is not worth it.. especially since you won't get your shipping refunded.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:20 AM   #6 
mushux3

I have had VERY good experience with Aquabid.com they have very pretty fishes and most are very trust worthy. I have opened up my own account on Aquabid because my bettas have just spawned. I have too many and am trying to get rid of them. So if you're interested you can contact me.
mushux3 is offline   Reply With Quote