Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-30-2010, 08:16 PM   #11 
xxabc

Depends how tall your tank is, I would guess it would. You could keep it down though, but let's wait for someone who actually has live plants, haha.
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:40 AM   #12 
bloo97

Quote:
I've had him going on two years and his diet staple are Hikari Betta Bio Gold pellets. My betta is strong and healthy.
That's what Lucky & Dragon eats.
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:51 PM   #13 
bettacolors

im wondering if male bettas can be in the same tank as other fish (not betta fish).
bettacolors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:22 PM   #14 
brancasterr

Bettacolors, male bettas can be kept in a tank with other fish so long as those fish don't have long fins (male betta think they're other bettas) or other fin nipping fish (as they will nip on your betta). I'm not sure exactly what fish are best to keep with betta, but I'm sure someone will be along to tell us both that. :)
brancasterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:14 PM   #15 
javi

In my experience java fern is not as very fast growing plant. It will not take over your tank like a moss. I will also add that i have only ever fed pellets with no issue.
javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:27 PM   #16 
Mitsufishi

All of my bettas eat pellets, no problem. I use to alternate between pellets and flakes. No problem.
Mitsufishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:13 PM   #17 
xxabc

It also depends on the male betta personality. Some accept any tankmate fine, others will destroy them in seconds, others are tolerant of some and not others, it really depends on your betta as well. What brancasterr said are pretty good guidelines/rules of thumb.

Like I've seen bettas go okay with guppies, but in other tanks, they were DESTROYED. Haha.
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:11 PM   #18 
Starbright

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaperss06 View Post
Yes I'm 100% sure, thats the only thing all three had in common with each other, my longest lived fish died shortly after he started eating them. Thats all my other two had was pellets. Yes it was for bettas, so the pellets kill my fish at least. Honestly because the fact that this forum said to use pellets makes me not want to get advice anymore, I may give to others who I can help.
I just don't understand how you can say this. Because you had bad luck with pellets (because this forum recommended them) you're saying you don't trust our advice anymore?

I've used pellets for every betta I've had and its clean, easy, and effective. I've never had an issue. I'm sorry for your loss though, if I lost 3 in a row I'd be pretty skeptical too.

Anyways, the advice everyone's giving sounds good! But the 50 watt heater seemed kinda really over the top for a 1.5 gallon o.o" I'm glad the one you bought is working out for you :)

Let's see some pics!! :D
Starbright is offline   Reply With Quote