Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-31-2010, 06:15 AM   #11 
dipsydoodlenoodle

My betta wiggles in front of the glass; it's for attention.

If you betta is swimming under the heater it may be a sign the rest of the tank is too cold.
dipsydoodlenoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:16 AM   #12 
brancasterr

I have a thermometer in the opposite side of the tank and it reads the same temperature as the side with the heater in it. He only does it every once in a while and its through a very narrow space between the wall and the heater. I think he just likes squeezing through there.
brancasterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:52 PM   #13 
xxabc

Not surprised, bettas have reputations for crawling through smaller spaces.
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:52 AM   #14 
Gravemind123

Yeah, mine does a similar thing, at night he likes to squeeze himself in between the heater and the side of the tank and rest on the ring that holds the heater to the suction cup.

He also swims right up against the glass back and forth when I am doing something that grabs his attention.
Gravemind123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:24 AM   #15 
brancasterr

If I do decide he has been spending too much time at the bottom, what disease does that usually indicate?
Old 04-01-2010, 08:01 AM   #16 
xxabc

Posted on your other thread.

But since it's worded differently, lol, sometimes my betta actually seems to play in the gravel. He sticks his little head in the gravel to see something. It's weird, he's doing it recently, but at least he's not scratching himself, so it's all good.

And in other post, could be illness or boredom, lethargy, simply unhealthiness(?)
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:15 PM   #17 
brancasterr

Yeah, I'm not sure what it is. He doesn't look much different but he's still acting odd. He doesn't stay in one spot at the bottom of the bowl though. He swims around to different spots and does swim around. However, my friend gave me some stuff called "Betta Revive" and I put a few drops in there and he has become more active. I don't know....again, I think I've developed a bit of a hypochondriacal mindset for my betta.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:01 PM   #18 
betta1485

Quote:
Originally Posted by brancasterr View Post
I just got him yesterday and he is so full of energy. I don't know if I should worry about some of the things he does though. I'm not sure if they're warning signs for some sort of disease or what have you. (I'm a newbie) Anyways this is what he's doing, I just put him in his new tank this afternoon:

-He swims near the glass and wiggles as if he's trying to escape the tank. But it doesn't appear as if he's running into the glass for the sole purpose of ramming into it.
My betta does that too because i think he can see his own reflection and thinks its another fish. He might be bored because I don't have ornaments and plants in the tank yet.
betta1485 is offline   Reply With Quote