Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-06-2010, 07:39 AM   #1 
neekis

Floating Betta Log - 3 in. x 2 12 in.

I'm thinking about getting Neekis a Floating Betta Log - 3 in. x 2 12 in. diameter, which I saw on Amazon. Since I only have a 1-1/2 gal tank at this time, do you think that the tank is too small for it? Does anyone else have one of these?

Thanks much!

It can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/Floating-Betta...d_bxgy_k_img_c
neekis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:10 PM   #2 
bloo97

I dont have one but if that doesn't work, try the betta leaf hammock. It has a soction cup on it. Try googling it
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:45 AM   #3 
Min

I just ordered one of those the other day & should be getting it any time now. I will let you know what I think when it gets here I have a 1 gallon bowl i can compare it to.
Min is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:54 AM   #4 
glassmouse

Min, I saw these at the Concord Pet in Middletown. IMO they are a little large for a 1 gallon. I would like to put them im in my 3g and 5g hex but the filters are in the hoods and I feel like they would get in the way. I did purchase the leaf hammock and floating ball with mirror. The one betta ignores the hammock so I am about to move the hammock to another tank. The mirror does provide some entertainment. Please let us know it the log works well in the tank and if your betta likes it.
glassmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:00 AM   #5 
neekis

Thanks so much everyone! Maybe if the log is a bit large for the tank, we could just put it in for an hour or so at a time. I was also looking at the floating ball mirror and leaf hammock - I'm sure I'll be getting those too. Currently, I just use a hand mirror on the outside of the tank for a minute or two. Can't wait to hear how it works!
Old 03-08-2010, 02:49 PM   #6 
Min

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassmouse View Post
Min, I saw these at the Concord Pet in Middletown. IMO they are a little large for a 1 gallon. I would like to put them im in my 3g and 5g hex but the filters are in the hoods and I feel like they would get in the way. I did purchase the leaf hammock and floating ball with mirror. The one betta ignores the hammock so I am about to move the hammock to another tank. The mirror does provide some entertainment. Please let us know it the log works well in the tank and if your betta likes it.
Figures. I looked all over here in wilm & couldnt find them so I ordered it. I do have the betta hammock & the mirrors & they love it .
Old 03-08-2010, 04:31 PM   #7 
Min

Neekis ,

Got my betta log today . Its def too big for a 1.5 gal tank. It even says on the box use in a min of 2 gal. So far Dexter seems to like it so if u ever get a bigger tank it could def be something to look into.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:27 PM   #8 
bloo97

Quote:
...and floating ball with mirror.
What's this ball with mirror? Does he play with it?
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:04 PM   #9 
Min

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloo97 View Post
What's this ball with mirror? Does he play with it?
My guys luv them
http://www.zoomed.com/db/products/Search.php?SearchID=15&DatabaseID=2&ProductCategor y=Betta%20Products&Heading=Aquarium&Search.x=24&Se arch.y=20
Old 03-09-2010, 07:43 AM   #10 
neekis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Min View Post
Neekis ,

Got my betta log today . Its def too big for a 1.5 gal tank. It even says on the box use in a min of 2 gal. So far Dexter seems to like it so if u ever get a bigger tank it could def be something to look into.
Darn I kind of had a feeling it would be....Can't wait to get a bigger tank! My husband just has to build a place to put it. Hopefully a couple of months and I'll have a bigger tank! Thanks so much for letting me know.