Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-31-2010, 10:39 AM   #1 
breannakristine

Is this a good Tank?

Okay, so the $10.00 5, 10 and 20 gallon tanks did not work out because my mother did not want to drive 30 minutes to pick them up with me. Waste. Such a waste.

So, I went back onto cherrypointyardsales.com and I found this tank for $4. My question is -- is this a good tank for a Betta?

http://www.cherrypointyardsales.com/...349&src=SEARCH

I also plan on buying this little cave from the same lady.

http://www.cherrypointyardsales.com/...178&src=SEARCH

Does anybody have that tank for a Betta? What is the black piece sticking up on the bottom? Is that for air bubbles or something? That's what it looks like on the Petsmart website

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...1&ab=fish_fc1a
breannakristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:31 AM   #2 
kingb

i would think that a 2 gallon tank is the minimum you can keep your fish in, i have a 2.5 gallon one but most people recommend that the minimum would be a 3 gal.
kingb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:30 PM   #3 
BettaOrin

that black thing sticking up from the bottum is part of the undergravel filter.
There should be a clear tube running up and something that does down the tube with an airstone attaches to it and you hook that to a filter pump thingy. at least thats the hook-up with my tank, which isnt the same as the one your looking at, but it has the same black "grate" thing on the bottum as this hex tank does.
BettaOrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:40 PM   #4 
BerkB33

Have a couple just about exactly like that one. It's made by Kollercraft Industries in Missouri. Mine is the Aquarius 6.3 liter or about 1.7 gallons. I use mine for one betta only...it really is as small as you should go. My guys are doing great and seem to be thriving nicely. There should be a small air pump, an air stone, some air tubing, and a 7W light assembly that goes with the tank. Plus the picture does not show a clear plastic 5/8" tube (roughly 6" long) that connects to the circular sleeve on the under gravel filter. Tank has worked great for me!!!

Just noticed that "Top Fin" manufactures "your" tank. Looks and is sized exactly like the Kollercraft model I have. I'm sure their performance is similar as well.

Last edited by BerkB33; 03-31-2010 at 03:52 PM.
BerkB33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:47 PM   #5 
breannakristine

The lady says she doesn't have the pump and stone and tubing so I will just have to go to Petsmart and buy some myself. This tank only costs $4 so it wont be much of a waste if I can't find the stuff, I can always use a whisper filter, maybe XD
Old 03-31-2010, 07:27 PM   #6 
BerkB33

FYI...bought the whole aquarium "kit" for $20.00 at my LFS. No gravel or decor.
BerkB33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:24 AM   #7 
breannakristine

LFS = local fish store?

All we have around here is Petsmart and a little mom/pop place that just moved to one of their other locations so they wouldn't have to compete with Petsmart. lol.

All in all though, is this a good size for a Betta? I have one of my boys in a 2.5 and he loves it. I'm getting another 2.5 today from a lady and as soon as I clean it and get some decorations I'll put another of my boys in it.