UPDATE: May 30th, 2014
Duke's tank is cycling nicely. I spent the morning filling up the rest of the tank and preping the Aquatop PFE-1 filter. I just installed it and thus far I am very happy with the circulation I am seeing throughout the tank.
The Nitrites have spiked considerably over the course of the last couple hours, which I am having a difficult time explaining, I think it is due to the fact I am using a soil based substrate instead of gravel.
Now for Pics!
The Aquatop Filter w/water bottle baffle
The Finnex Fugeray-R LED array. The Aluminum body gets warm to the touch, meaning that it does a very nice job displacing the excess heat the LED's generate. Very satisfied thus far!
A look at the Fluval substrate's texture and appearance once settled