Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-03-2010, 09:05 PM   #61 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Lol a knife should work or even little scissors.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:06 PM   #62 
DarthMaul
Banned

aha very true, i hope he does not get bloated from a half pellet...man, can he even survive on that LITTLE food providing he does not bloat from half? =[
DarthMaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:07 PM   #63 
BettaxFishxCrazy

I would get the daphnia. It will help with constipation. I've heard you can get it at Petsmart. Some people incorporate it into the fishes regular meal feeding it once or twice a week. Once you start feeding him again, you can PM me if you want and I can suggest a couple things you can do with his feeding habits. The daphnia will definitely help if he gets constipated easily.

Last edited by BettaxFishxCrazy; 04-03-2010 at 09:09 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:09 PM   #64 
DarthMaul
Banned

ya, that so called fish expert manager had NO idea what i was talking about... well when i get it, do i just feed him that, or that and a half a pellet? i am so worried i am going to mess this up. I dont wont him to continue to get bloated, it has to be stressing him out so much, which is NOT good for fish contrary to popular belief.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:20 PM   #65 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Yeah, stressing out is definitely not a good thing. I have personally never used it but dramaqueen uses it and I'm pretty sure puts it into her fishes regular food regiment. I would ask her about it.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:22 PM   #66 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yes, I feed my fish daphnia once a week. I fast them on Sundays and feed daphnia on Mondays.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:25 PM   #67 
DarthMaul
Banned

i will try that drama queen, if the half of pellet does not bloat him. I gotta figure out what he can and can not eat. I now know 1 full pellet bloats him =[ =[
Old 04-03-2010, 09:32 PM   #68 
dramaqueen
Banned

I may have missed it if you answered this before but have you tried soaking the pellets before feeding? Also, do you soak the freeze dried food you're feeding him? Freeze dried food can cause digestive problems if it's not pre soaked. Sorry if you already answered these questions.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:35 PM   #69 
DarthMaul
Banned

i do pre-soak..but this guy has never had any FD and looks like he may never will =[ since monday, he has had 6 small pellets =[
Old 04-04-2010, 11:24 AM   #70 
DarthMaul
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I may have missed it if you answered this before but have you tried soaking the pellets before feeding? Also, do you soak the freeze dried food you're feeding him? Freeze dried food can cause digestive problems if it's not pre soaked. Sorry if you already answered these questions.
UPDATE: his bloating has once again mysteriously vanished over night! His poo looks fine. His swimming is normal! :) I have to rule out SBD, it can't be. But it looks like I have some work to do to make sure he doesn't bung up after everytime I feed him.