Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-03-2010, 04:37 PM   #21 
Oldfishlady

I like to use diluted bleach to nuke tanks so-to-speak......about a 20 part water to 1 part bleach and I use this to clean everything in the tank and filter. Depending on why I am cleaning the tank I will even let the tank run with the diluted bleach for 24 hour and then rinse, rinse and rinse again...then I fill with fresh clean water and add double the recommended dechlorinator and let it run for another 24 hours and then rinse well again and then do the finial refill with clean water and normal dose of dechlorinator, if I am cleaning because of an unknown disease or a used tank..... I will let it set dry for 24 hours before I make my finial refill for fish after I clean it.

Sorry for your loss...looking forward to seeing and hearing about your new betta.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:32 PM   #22 
Romad
TFK Moderator

I'm so sorry he didn't make it.

Hug ()
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:34 PM   #23 
brancasterr

Thanks everyone for the condolences. It means a lot. And thanks to everyone who helped me try and treat the poor guy. Special thanks to xxabc and Oldfishlady for helping me out a lot.

I'm going to super clean the tank and everything in it and let it sit dry for a few days, then clean it again. Just to be extra sure I kill anything that might have killed my betta. Then I'm going to look for a new one that really catches my eye.

xxabc, I really like oddly colored ones as well. I really loved Purp(my late betta) because he was red one second and would turn purple the next. When he wasn't sick anyways. :(

RIP Purp.
brancasterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:43 PM   #24 
xxabc

I assume he's the one in your avatar? What a coincidence, mine looks almost exactly like him ~ Except with a more purple-ish tint over it, but eerily similar. After you clean the tank (no need to rush obviously) be sure to tell us what lucky betta you get, ASAP :)

And also, did you say you were going to get another tank?
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:57 PM   #25 
brancasterr

Yep he's the one in the avatar. At the time of the picture he was more red than purple obviously. Haha. But he did get VERY purple at times. Mostly when there was more light near his tank.

I'll be sure to keep everyone posted on who I get next. Pictures included. :)

And yes, I did say I was getting another tank. Probably a 5 gallon. However, my paycheck was a little short this week. > So I'll have to wait a few more to get the larger tank.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:09 PM   #26 
xxabc

I see. How about you wait until the 5 gal? It would seem much easier that way. But if you get too excited, that makes sense too, haha.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:06 PM   #27 
brancasterr

I was thinking about waiting but I'm sure I'm going to get too excited. Haha. :P Every time I go to the pet store I want to get them all!
Old 04-03-2010, 07:08 PM   #28 
xxabc

Brancasterr, my dad has gotten to used to me straying over to the betta section, he now stands there and says "No, get what you want, and let's go." I gotta say, it helps a lot! So my time with the store-bettas is cut down considerably...but it does spare my heart ohhhh so much.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:15 PM   #29 
brancasterr

Hahaha, thats funny :P, at least you have someone to tear you away but I usually go on my own. Which proves to be a test of my will. Sometimes I go with my girlfriend but she's usually to busy admiring the turtles or even the bettas with me to tell me no. Haha. So we spend quite a bit of time looking and wishing.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:24 PM   #30 
xxabc

Lol, well at least you can go at will ! I have to ask a few days in advance and say "Daaaddy~" (okay, not like that, but you get it right? Haha). Can't wait until summer. I smell... full-house redecoration and impulse on burning money on random stuff. I could sneak in a tank or two and they won't even notice, lol. Just wishing ~