Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-03-2010, 07:32 PM   #31 
brancasterr

Oh oh oh summertime. I'll be working a lot more and will definitely have the extra money to burn. :D I'm curious...do you know of any place to look for cheap recycled tanks?
brancasterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 07:59 PM   #32 
xxabc

I use craigslist! Although no luck lately, I always search there.

Garage sales are the number one cheapest places to find one (although the chance of finding one varies).

Sometimes stores return used tanks, but that's reaaaally uncommon.

I've recenly heard of freecycle.org? You'll have to look that up though, not sure.

e-Bay. Your personal choice. I don't want to do eBay because who KNOWS what happened, but still your choice. (But I guess the "not-knowing what happened" applies to all of these).

Hmmmmm can't think up of any others~
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:11 PM   #33 
brancasterr

Yeah, I've been searching craigslist and I just signed up for freecycle. I'll let you know how that turns out. I wouldn't want to do ebay either because I wouldn't want it to be shipped. I'd rather pick it up locally.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:16 PM   #34 
xxabc

Tell me how freecycle goes for you, I'm curious, but not willing to sign up and go through all of that and dive into it blind without any large intentions, hahah. Craigslist was like, tank heaven last month (when I wasn't interested). Oh, talk about regret. lol :P
Old 04-03-2010, 08:56 PM   #35 
brancasterr

Dang, I wish I would have looked around craigslist then. Although it would have been different because we're likely in different locations. Haha. Freecycle seems promising, if and only if I catch someone giving a tank away. Looking through older posts it seems like a pretty frequent occurrence but then I have to be the first to snatch it up. You also have to wade through a bunch of other posts. Free clothes, televisions, kitchenware, etc.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:03 PM   #36 
xxabc

As long as anyone can salvage a nice little tank out of it, doesn't bother me. Lol I'd be willing to haha.

I heard someone saying "It's a few months after Christmas. It's about time the christmas-fish die now, so just wait, and you'll see fish tanks flying up out of nowhere." (for Craigslist)

Well it wasn't a joke apparently, hahaha.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:05 PM   #37 
kuklachica

I've found the tanks to be quite dirty on freecycle (since they don't have motivation to clean them since they are free). Be ready to do some SSSSSSSEROUS cleaning. CL has been hit or miss cleaning wise, but def not as dirty as freecycle.
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:18 PM   #38 
xxabc

How many tanks are you able to get off of FC? And I kinda figured about dirtiness.

And I don't get why people don't clean their tanks before posting it on CL. I wouldn't buy a dirty tank but... I guess I would be desperate either way, haha.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:34 PM   #39 
brancasterr

Yeah, I figured they would be pretty dirty from freecycle. I don't know why they wouldn't at least do a quick hose down. And haha at the christmas rush of fish bowls on craigslist. Thats pretty funny actually. But kind of sad at the same time.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:41 PM   #40 
xxabc

Lol it's terrible. Funny thing is, they're not bowls. They're fully equipped tanks with filter with possible heater.

"SELLING - FULL TANK COMES WITH EVERYTHING NO FISH HEATER FILTER DECORATION GRAVEL TAKE IT ALL". Hahaha ;)

They've been ranging from 2.5 - 15 gallons. I think the more higher ups (30gals, 50 gals) are just coincidence selling lol.