Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-02-2010, 09:47 PM   #1 
DarthMaul
Banned

Unhappy is it normal to lose some love for bettas?

As some of you know, i have lost 6 bettas in the past 3 weeks and nearly lost a 7th... I lost 4 at the same time and did not even have them for a full week ( my 4 girls =[ =[ =[ ) 2 of the boys i had for not even 2 days =[.... I currently have ONE betta that i just got monday and i thought he was a goner, but he seems to be fine for now. I want a few more, but i almost do not want to buy anymore.( tired of spending soooooo much money on a hobby that dies on me so fast, can i get a witness in here?? ) I can't stand seeing them die on me like this. I had my first 2 for over 2 yrs and now i seem to not be able to have one in my care for more than a week =[ =[ =[ =[....so is this normal to not really want anymore bettas? the only reason why i have the one i do now is my friend bought him for me out of pity.. otherwise i would have been done with bettas...

Last edited by DarthMaul; 04-02-2010 at 10:02 PM.
DarthMaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 07:22 AM   #2 
DarthMaul
Banned

did i post this in the wrong section or am i the only one who EVER gets this feeling after losing a lot of bettas in a short amount of time =[
Old 04-03-2010, 07:38 AM   #3 
BettaxFishxCrazy

I'm sorry for all of your losses. I lost 7 in a course of a couple weeks so I know how that feels. I bought a new guy from Petco last Tuesday and my sister named him Chauncey.lol He died the next day. :( It looks like he had SBD or hurt his SB. With any animal I always get really attached so each time I lose a fish it's heartbreaking. But, you just have to realize that that's life, every living thing eventually dies. I just look at it as I tried to help them, gave them a good life.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:14 AM   #4 
LisaC144

Could it be your LFS? Have yor tried out different ones. It's not normal to lose so many fish so quickly. What are your water parameters? Maybe something is a little "off".
LisaC144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:15 AM   #5 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Yeah, you should probably get your water checked. I was dealing with parasites so that's why I lost so many. :(
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:32 AM   #6 
Romad
TFK Moderator

First - i'm really sorry that you lost so many fish. It's never easy no matter how long you've had them for.

It is not normal to lose so many fish in such a short time (assuming that you're giving them good conditions to live in). If you're doing everything right - I would go to a diff. fish supplier.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:25 AM   #7 
DarthMaul
Banned

it agree. it is NOT normal to lose so many that fast. But in my case it really is NOT my fault. I recently met a lady in my city who has been taking care of fish for nearly 25 yrs and she said my water lvls where ALL fine, as i have said numurous times in previous threads. Also, i called the petstore where all my latest casulties came from and gave them a piece of my mind. Turns out, i was not the only one who has lost bettas and fish for that matter. Almost ALL their fish are sick or getting sick or died or are dying! That means their bettas also =[ =[ =[ I would go rescue some, but i do not want them to die on me and that would only encourage those people to continue to treat their fish poorly. They are giving me a full refund on all the bettas i got from their shop! My current boy came from another petshop, so his future looks better =]

Last edited by DarthMaul; 04-03-2010 at 11:28 AM.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:13 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm glad you're getting refunds for all the fish you lost and the problem seems to be resolved.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote