Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-03-2010, 11:26 AM   #1 
breannakristine

Tank Question

I feel so dumb right now because I got ripped off. I bought a blue 2.5 gallon mini bow for $10 and the lady said it was "like new" but dirty. So she comes over, I give her the money and I take the tank and clean it. Turns out, it's scratched and there is a crack in the front which is leaking droplets. It's not a steady stream but I can see a top come out, I wipe it away and a minute later another one is there.

So my question is... aquarium sealant, does it work on plastic and if I go and buy some will it fix this crack?
breannakristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:40 AM   #2 
kingb

that really sucks! is there anyway you can get a refund? i hate it when people sell stuff and claim its "new" or "like new" condition when theres actually a flaw with the product.
kingb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:45 AM   #3 
breannakristine

No, I'm not even going to bother trying to get a refund because in all honesty, she drove the 20 minutes to my house to drop it off because I couldn't meet her anywhere so I think I'll either just leave it and watch it or buy some sealant. I don't have a betta in it yet, I was letting the filter run for 24 hours before I put one of my boys in it but I'm not going to put any of them in it until I can either go buy some sealant or get a new tank. =(
breannakristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 07:13 PM   #4 
xxabc

I would guess it works, but it won't be pretty. Really bothers me when that happens. I'd be mean enough to tell that to go back home because they didn't mention it... but being 15, i can only say that to kids younger than me, haha. (So my dad would do it for me). Just that kind of family.
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:08 PM   #5 
1fish2fish

Thats why I always request them to fill it before I pay for it. Aquarium sealant will fix your problem but remember you have to let it dry for at least 48 hours before putting water in it.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rip-off