Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-11-2010, 10:58 AM   #1 
JaspersANGEL

Senior Fish help!

So sadly my little fish love Jasper is getting old, bored... i dunno but ya i was looking at him and these days he's not as active as he used to be (wedging himself between his beloved rock and the tank wall and just looking around) and he was getting a bit pale and i remembered how he loved flaring and just spying on his neighbor so i took the paper down between the tanks (i put there cause Charlie started biting his tail)

well Jasper's color came back a bit (he love's just watching the young one next door *lol*) but it's stressing Charlie out (his tail is all ragged again)

so what could i do to make both of them happy...
or should i just wait till Jasper takes his final look at Charlie (i wanna make him as happy as possible for the time he's got left) hopefully he'll stay with me for years to come (he's the cutest lil' guy)

could i maybe fit a small neon in with Jasper and put the separator back up between the tanks...
JaspersANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:54 AM   #2 
Oldfishlady

How old is he and what size is his tank, I would not put a neon in but you could put some guppy fry in his tank so he can hunt them and have a snack or mosquito larva.
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 12:03 PM   #3 
JaspersANGEL

he's 8 months old (yes i know i actually counted months I'm a freak *lol*) but who know's how old he really is (i got him at petsmart last year)
he's in a 2.5 galon tank (yes i know small) but he look's better watching Charlie swim around his color is back

and i dunno if a snail would be active enough to keep him intertained
Old 04-11-2010, 01:09 PM   #4 
truthequalslies

I would buy him a mirror so he can flare @ himself (he most likely wouldn't that the fish in the mirror is him)
truthequalslies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 02:05 PM   #5 
JaspersANGEL

i bought them that floating mirror thing but im afraid to use it on him cause he's not that young anymore so im trying to not do too much stuff that would stress him to much
but ya i think i'll just tell Charlie to tuff it up a bit *lol* cause secretly Jasper's my first fish love and if being able to see his neighbor makes him happy then I'm happy
but im open to any sugestions on how I can keep Jasper happy and Charlie from bitting his tail...
thankx a bunch guys!!