Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-03-2010, 08:53 PM   #21 
DarthMaul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuklachica View Post
I suggested tail biting because he either has rot or has been biting. A lot of times they will bite when they are stressed (being in a small container, dirty water, aroudn other fish). I am mentioning this so you can keep an eye out for it, if, in fact, he is a biter. To me, it looks like bite marks.
i hope for his sake he is =[ and well, was now
DarthMaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:59 PM   #22 
DarthMaul
Banned

he just flared again at the guy in the tank next to him lol it was a FULL and perfect D... ugh i wish i had a cam fast enough to capture this beauty =[

well, if it IS, fin rot, how do i treat it? I have heard 2 different things. One was no light for a week, high temp and salt, the other was just salt ( which he already has ) so which is it?

Last edited by dramaqueen; 04-03-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:16 PM   #23 
BettaxFishxCrazy

I put aquarium salt in my fishes tanks after every water change. Just remember, always put back in what you take out, salt doesn't disintegrate so you don't want to hurt your fish with too much salt. I use API aquarium salt. If you're putting it into a tank with rocks, make sure to fully dissolve it before putting it in (the crystals can burn your fish). If you have a heater, higher temperatures like 80 or 82*F will help speed up the process.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:19 PM   #24 
DarthMaul
Banned

sounds good
Old 04-03-2010, 09:24 PM   #25 
BettaxFishxCrazy

I also hope he's not tail biting. The fish in my avatar is a HM and he LOVES biting off his gorgeous tail. I have no idea why he feels the need to do it, but otherwise he's very healthy. Most of the time long finned fish will bite their tails because when they turn around they can see it and it can annoy them. Especially if they're in those small cups or a small tank/bowl. I really wish pet stores would put bettas in their own small tanks.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:28 PM   #26 
DarthMaul
Banned

well, it's better than fin rot and if he has been biting, he is now in a bigger and better home =[ sadly pet stores will never do that b/c it costs a lot of money to house each betta in their own tank...money rules over the quality care of the pets in MOST stores =[
Old 04-03-2010, 09:36 PM   #27 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Yeah, it's ridiculous. If they can't make a lot of profit on them, they don't care about them. You never see salt water or even fresh water fish in dirty water because they can make a lot of money on them.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:37 PM   #28 
DarthMaul
Banned

well, not always, but you do however see them crowed in their tanks, but at least they are filtered

so if it is fin rot, that's not that bad then?
Old 04-03-2010, 09:43 PM   #29 
BettaxFishxCrazy

No, a lot of bettas will get it at some point because they're so fragile. It won't hurt him and it's not a disease. Clean water, salt and warm water will heal him up.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:46 PM   #30 
ecoprincess

Well all i can say is that AT LEAST the water at your petco looks clean. UGH drives me nutz when i see dirty cloudy water in all the cups.........i followed someone elses example and whenever i see one that is near death i take it up to the cash and leave it there.........GET THE HINT! UGH
ecoprincess is offline   Reply With Quote