Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-03-2010, 10:46 PM   #31 
DarthMaul
Banned

well i have all 3 for him =] does it matter if he has a light or not? someone said keep him in the dark for a week. How does that heal his fins? Just curious
DarthMaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:46 PM   #32 
DarthMaul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoprincess View Post
Well all i can say is that AT LEAST the water at your petco looks clean. UGH drives me nutz when i see dirty cloudy water in all the cups.........i followed someone elses example and whenever i see one that is near death i take it up to the cash and leave it there.........GET THE HINT! UGH
wow, that def. makes a statement! *high five*
Old 04-03-2010, 10:48 PM   #33 
BettaxFishxCrazy

If he was a tail biter I would suggest keeping the lights off, but not for fin rot. Tail biting is usually a nervous habit like nail biting is for us. When you turn the lights out and it's dark, they're able to calm down and not stress out while they're healing. If you wanted to keep his lights off, go ahead, it certainly won't hurt him.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:51 PM   #34 
DarthMaul
Banned

well since i am not sure what it is, i guess lights out for the new guy =[
Old 04-03-2010, 10:52 PM   #35 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Yeah that's a good idea. Keep us updated on how he's doing.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:58 PM   #36 
DarthMaul
Banned

will do
Old 04-03-2010, 11:16 PM   #37 
mysquishy

He is so pretty. His tail will heal up and be beautiful in no time. Post some more pics soon when he is settled in please. :)
mysquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:16 PM   #38 
xxabc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMaul View Post
well i am sorry that buying a new betta that seems to maybe have fin rot and the other one might have SBD makes me mad. I have had the WORST luck with bettas this past month and i'd rather return them, than have them die in my care. Has anyone lost 4 bettas at once in less than a week and a couple at the same time before that? So you can see why i'd rather get a refund. I did not pay $13.99 for a betta with fin rot. I can go back and get another one
Honestly fin rot is something that is close to guaranteed to come with bettas, and again, is about 5% life threatening. Fin rot comes from dirty water. If you so happen to get a betta that didn't get anything (disease wise), that deserves an award right there.

When I got bettas ( I haven't gotten a betta in a year) they came with velvet. over and over, what seemed to be dropsy, IMO I would've been lucky to get a betta with "just" fin rot. And I really do mean just fin rot. I don't know too much about SBD though. If you do return him, I wouldn't be surprised if you got a betta with an even worse disease (unless your Petco is really that good).

Also...have you considered if there's anything wrong with your water? Like your city did something to the tap water? I wouldn't be surprised if there were stuff that's reaaaaally bad, causing issues with your betta. If you really get desperate, you could TRY to change water source for a while, like an experiment. Or call your city, that may be more useful and easier.
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:23 PM   #39 
DarthMaul
Banned

this one does not have SBD... that is another one, but that was constipation issues maybe and i could change water sources, but like i said, my water has been tested SEVERAL times and every time it's fine, but at this point, i will try anything
Old 04-03-2010, 11:23 PM   #40 
DarthMaul
Banned

also my past bettas that lived for 2-3 yrs had the same water and conditions hahah