Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-04-2014, 12:31 AM   #11 
DaytonBetta

If you choose a hang on back filter, you will need to fill your tank the whole way. I have the Aquaclear 50, it got great reviews and I like it.

You could ask about the tetra filter in the accessories sub-forum.
DaytonBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:16 PM   #12 
charliegill110

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonBetta View Post
If you choose a hang on back filter, you will need to fill your tank the whole way. I have the Aquaclear 50, it got great reviews and I like it.

You could ask about the tetra filter in the accessories sub-forum.
thanks! i have followed your advice and made a thread there!
charliegill110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:37 PM   #13 
charliegill110

today i did about a 95% water change and i raised the water level slightly. charlie is very happy.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:45 AM   #14 
charliegill110

today i did about a 20-30% water change and raised the level of water.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:45 PM   #15 
charliegill110

i have had charlie for a month now! wow, it seems like i've had him forever! hes getting even bigger. i have more picture to upload but i'm just being lazy about it.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:13 PM   #16 
charliegill110

well last night when i went to put charlie to bed i noticed a sizable chunk missing from his tail, i thought he had bitten it off. it was too late at night for me to do anything about it so a snapped a few picture and then put him to bed intending on dealing with it in the morning. this morning i woke up, went pee and then went to charlies tank and started really assessing the situation. theres no black on his tail so no fin rot (yay!!!) and doesn't look any worse than last night. although last week or the week before he had split his tail. but i also noticed the thread holding his hammock together had literally disintegrated in parts so i don't know if his tail got stuck on the hammock and ripped, or if he bit it. i'm not going to give him any meds (yet) and just want to use clean water to get him all healed up. but doing a 100% water change without a siphon on a 45gal tank everyday is just.... no. so i moved him to his 1gal critter keeper. and moved him back to the window he was originally housed in. i think hes pretty bummed at the less space but i really think he enjoys being next to me all day again. so i have sort of been thinking about getting a 10 or 15gal tank and keeping him there on my window again. but i don't know. i'll see how he is when hes all healed up.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:31 PM   #17 
charliegill110

the last pictures will be of his bitten/ripped tail
Attached Images

Last edited by charliegill110; 07-07-2014 at 05:31 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-21-2014, 01:57 AM   #18 
charliegill110

well it has been quite some time and quite a bit has changed. charlies tail has completely healed and he is doing better than ever! i got a tetra whisper in tank filter for 10-20gal and i think a 125w heater. i also recently changed his home. he is now in a 10 gal on top of my dresser. i tried to change the title of this thread but i don't have that option anymore because its been too long i guess. the reason for changing tanks was because i was always so scared i was going to accidentally kick it and i almost fell on it twice (i'm quite clumsy) and overall it just wasn't practical. i am extremely happy with his move to on top of my dresser. i love being able to see him from anywhere in my room. i still have to add/change/move some of the decorations in the new tank and i might add some bamboo and i also have to tweak the filter baffle as its entirely too large for this tank. its going to storm all day tomorrow (sunday) so i will be doing that and cleaning my bird cage. i have new pictures of charlie too. some from the old tank and 3 from the new tank. i'll put the 3 from the new tank at the end. alot of the pictures are his crazy bubble nests that he makes. the new 10gal tank didn't come with a lid and the cost of a lid was more than the tank itself so i made my own lid out of plastic mesh. i don't have a picture of that yet. the second to last picture is charlie being introduced tothe new tank and he last picture is charlie peaking out from under the coconut.

**i've had charlie for about 5 and a half months now and when i first started this thread i made a list of things i hoped to accomplish with this tank, i'm going to go over that list now and italicise what i have and underline what i changed my mind about

long term goals for the 45 gallon tank:
get a turkey baster to suck up poop
get a floating thermometer
get water conditioner
get a heater and filter
get some plants (not sure if live or silk)
get 1 nerite snail** not sure about this
possibly get a ghost shrimp (not sure because i still need to research it)
get a proper tank light
maybe get a hood (right now it has a screen top)
maybe get more gravel/rocks idk i kinda like the scattered look and its easier to see poop **still unsure about
find that coconut shell i lost
maybe get some of those worm things they eat, bloodworms?

so i have accomplished almost everything on the list, yay!
Attached Images

Old 09-28-2014, 12:53 AM   #19 
charliegill110

i had a pretty long tiring day and i planned on coming home (pretty late) and cleaning charlies tank (for the first time in his 10gal) and then getting in bed. it did not go as planned. probably 70% of charlies tank substrate is acrylic pony beads. charlie really enjoyed pushing them around. i sort of thought they would work well with a gravel vac but i was so tired i forgot about it. until 30 seconds into vacuuming the pony beads clogged the vac. this happened 2 more times before i had to admit defeat and resort to removing the entire substrate and sorting rocks from beads. charlie now has rocks only. after that it went smoothly. i have a before picture but i forgot to take an after picture. recently i have also been heavily considering getting a second betta (with a second tank ect).
Attached Images