Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-12-2010, 11:55 PM   #1 
Flintchip

My babies again

Took these from across the room, their last few days together. I hate the idea of seperating them and sending them to new homes, but we must let go.
I love a chalenge and this was if any thing harder to do than i was told . I would not have been able to do this and go anywhere for a day they would have starved.
Two things i did that was not supposed to work. I did not clean tank or change water 1st 6 weeks ,only replaced lost water. Bottom of tank grew this pink fuzzy whatever about 1/2 inch deep in places, babies seemed to hunt and eat micro bugs there and my tank was only 5 gal.and from the very beginning i feed them all they could eat, three to four times a day.they ate alot but stoped short of overeating and hurting themselfs
i lost only one baby once they started swimming around tank. They are about this big then _ ,i counted them then 34.
I am going to try this again ,but i am going to put babies in back yard pond, when water hits 72 .pond has no fish in it now.if you try raising babies good luck it's not easy.feel free to ask me anything for helpName:  P1040329.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  94.7 KB

Name:  P1040331.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  79.8 KB
Flintchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:41 AM   #2 
Kittles

Those tank pictures are captivating. The setup is nice on its own, but when coupled with those maroon fry it looks just that much better. Congrats to all who receive one; I'm jealous. Congrats to you, also, for pulling it off.
Kittles is offline   Reply With Quote