Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-06-2010, 03:30 AM   #1 
BettaBob

Nighttime moon light?

Hey i read something about someone using a blueish led light for nightime to simulate the natural moonlight in a natural environment. I found some things like this http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/group/10973/product.web and was thinking it would look cool. My question is, is this actually a good product for bettas. or will this be bothersome to their resting habits?
BettaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:37 PM   #2 
BettaBob

first time i have never had any feedback on this site! is this a stupid question or does nobody have any experience with this haha?
BettaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:40 PM   #3 
DarthMaul
Banned

it's not. I have had SEVERAL posts with 1 or no replies. I have noticed that if you are not well known or if the post is not about a dying or sick betta or newbie questions, than your post for the most part gets buried in the threads haha but its like that in ALL types of forums haha. I have no experience with moon lights. My aqua turtles had one, but never did it with fish. My currents bettas both have blue lights above their homes until i got to bed.
DarthMaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:42 PM   #4 
DarthMaul
Banned

like i have 2 currently in the betta chat with ZERO replies haha and a few in other threads with little or no replies
DarthMaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:58 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have never heard of this product before so I don't know anything about it.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:15 PM   #6 
aunt kymmie
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaBob View Post
first time i have never had any feedback on this site! is this a stupid question or does nobody have any experience with this haha?
Absolutely not a stupid question. Sorry I didn't get to you sooner but I had too many other things that kept me away from the forum for a bit.

I have "moonlight" LED strips on my tanks and it's a cool look, and very beneficial to my nocturnal fish who hide during the day. Once the "moon" turns on out and about they come. Bettas aren't shy fish so probably no real benefit here other than it looks cool. This light will not bother your fish but you shouldn't leave it on all night. Fish need a resting period of total darkness in order to maintain good health. My lighting schedule is as it is in nature. 12 hours on/ 12 hours off. The main lights turn off after a 10 hour time frame, at which time the moonlights come on. The moonlights are on for two hours, then my fishies get their 12 hours of beauty rest. HTH!

@DarthMaul- is there something you still need help with? Bump it to the top and let's see if together we can figure it out!!
aunt kymmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:49 AM   #7 
bloo97

I would worry about algae growth if its bright enough. ; )
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:35 PM   #8 
CataclysmKitten

I have LED lights on my tank for a good little ambient atmosphere. They're not too bright at all. Just sheds a little "moonlight-like" light at night. My betta seems fine with it.
CataclysmKitten is offline   Reply With Quote