Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-07-2010, 09:07 AM   #1 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Angry I guess I'm just having the worst luck!

Most of you know that I've been having some trouble keeping my fish; a lot of them have died on me. I wasn't going to post about this because I've lost so many fish, but I'm just so confused and angry! I went to check on my fish yesterday and Calypso was dead. I'm just so devastated, he was one of my favorite fish and had an amazing personality. He was in a divided tank with Jasper for a while and Jasper got sick and died a couple weeks ago so maybe he caught what he had? Than I was thinking of all the possibilities like maybe I didn't put water conditioner in, but I had Fantasia and Flame (RIP) for almost a year with no water conditioner in the water because I had no idea you needed it. So I don't think it's my water... *sighs* I don't have any test kits and we have well water. The next time I go to a pet store I should bring a sample for them to check. I'm probably just having REALLY bad luck.

On a good note my best friend called me yesterday and said she really wanted to get a female. She's always loved Candi so I said that if she wanted her, I'd give Candi to her and she was ecstatic! She still has Phantom. I gave him to her 3 or 4 months ago and she said he's doing great.

So now I'm down to 11, but I might get another one this Friday because the pet store that I bought Chancey from said they are getting a new shipment in and they usually get dragons (that's where I got Mercury and Orchid). So I might just have to check that out.lol 8)
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:24 AM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry to hear about Calypso! I think it would be a good idea to take a water sample to the petstore.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:43 PM   #3 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Thanks DQ! Yeah, I'll do that friday if I go to the pet store.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:47 PM   #4 
bloo97

Hope things start looking up!
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:22 AM   #5 
roadrunner

I'm sorry about your loss. I totally feel for you. I recently lost few of mine too in a short period of time. I'm still not sure how and why. I think there must have been some change in water quality, cause I've been doing my water changes for a while now and everything was fine before. Mr. Mellow was almost 5 years old when he past away and I miss him a lot. :o(
roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote