Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-04-2014, 11:25 AM   #1 
KFoster

Marbling Marble

Winter has been going through some changes, thought I'd share some of his Transformation:

When I bought him off aquabid (breeder pic)
Name:  winter-breeder.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  50.2 KB

A week after I received him
Name:  Winter2.png
Size:  231.4 KB

Yesterday (not quite two weeks)
Name:  DSC_2286small.jpg
Size:  50.9 KB

He likes the colour blue, I guess.
KFoster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:52 AM   #2 
BlueLacee

Location: Colorado Rockies, the Land of Skiing, Festivals, and Incredibly Rich
he beautiful
BlueLacee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:50 PM   #3 
indjo
TFK Moderator

That's what I hate about marbles - we can't determine his end result. He will probably become solid blue (eventually). Great betta BTW.
indjo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:24 PM   #4 
KFoster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLacee View Post
he beautiful
Thank you :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by indjo View Post
That's what I hate about marbles - we can't determine his end result. He will probably become solid blue (eventually). Great betta BTW.
Aw... see that's what I love about them. Always full of surprises, something different to look at... almost daily!
I would assume he will be fully blue as well - but he also has developed red on his top fin. So maybe one day he will be red! Haha
One day people may ask me "err - so why's his name Winter?" when he looks nothing like it anymore, can't wait, lol.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:12 PM   #5 
Seki

Marbles are fantastic! I had the opposite experience! I bought myself a solid blue crowntail girl and eight months later she started marbling on me and hasn't stopped since! Instead of turning more blue like yours, she's turning white!
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 11:44 AM   #6 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seki View Post
Marbles are fantastic! I had the opposite experience! I bought myself a solid blue crowntail girl and eight months later she started marbling on me and hasn't stopped since! Instead of turning more blue like yours, she's turning white!
Wow, marbling at a very late age . . . that's new (to me). I've always seen them marble when young, usually ending or only slightly changing around 6-8 months old.

I hate the way they make you think "this is the end result" and you fall in love with the said pattern, but after two weeks or so they suddenly change again. . . . I breed so I need to know what color combination I'm working with.
indjo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 11:51 AM   #7 
KFoster

Quote:
Wow, marbling at a very late age . . . that's new (to me). I've always seen them marble when young, usually ending or only slightly changing around 6-8 months old.

I hate the way they make you think "this is the end result" and you fall in love with the said pattern, but after two weeks or so they suddenly change again. . . . I breed so I need to know what color combination I'm working with.
Awe... well to each their own. I hope he never stops changing, I find it entertaining. I'll love him no matter what colour he decides to be. ;)
But I get it from your view as well. But if I didn't want a marble I wouldn't have bought him! Haha
Old 06-05-2014, 09:36 PM   #8 
Seki

Quote:

Oh, believe me, it was quite a shock to me, too! At first, I was absolutely convinced she was sick. I was on here begging for help, not having any idea what could be causing this. It started near her gills, so I was worried it was fungus or something else nasty. But nope! Turns out she had a latent marble gene in there. She's been all sorts of different patterns and at one point she even developed a bit of red on her! At the moment, she sort of looks like a cow with white splotches haha. But she's constantly changing. So much fun to watch!
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:16 PM   #9 
aselvarial

Blue always reminds me of winter. At least he went blue which indicates cold, which is winter, so at least the name sorta fits. If he goes red, the name is sooo not going to make any sense! He's beautiful either way though!
aselvarial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:19 PM   #10 
MistersMom

I love marbles :)
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote