Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-08-2010, 02:55 AM   #1 
Starbright

Female betta in community tank?

As I look at all these bettas I can't help but think the females are so cute! I heard they're quite peaceful in communities. I've owned 3 females before but had to return 2 because they were so aggressive.. But I never tried one in a community tank.

I have a 10 Gallon with female guppies, and a couple male platies. Oh and a dojo loach which is going to my science teacher's 60 gallon gold fish tank eventually. Will my female betta be good in here or should I lay off? I know it's pretty much stocked to the brim already... which is why I'm iffy. And I don't want this new female to go killing all my lovely fish D:
Starbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:28 AM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think you could try it. Females can be as aggressive as males but I think it would be worth a try. Just keep a close eye on things and if there are any problems then you can take her out.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:33 AM   #3 
doggyhog

Yep. It's worth a try.

One tip when buying your female: Get the smallest/youngest girl. They adjust better!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:13 PM   #4 
Starbright

Haha thanks guys! But... on second thought I think I'll hold off on the female betta because I just snuck in a male betta and that took a LOT of effort @.@" Phew I hope my mom's not getting suspicious..
Old 04-08-2010, 08:42 PM   #5 
xxabc

Lol. Please, would they notice? Haha. Better to play it safe with the male though, good luck with him !!
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:31 PM   #6 
Starbright

I'm more than happy with my male betta atm :] I'll wait a bit till I get that female (hehe)

My mom knows that all I have in the 10G are "boring" platies, guppies, and a dojo loach so she'll notice the betta. But I'm pretty sure I'll be able to convince her next time we drop by Petco! They have the cutest females! So small!!
Old 04-08-2010, 11:34 PM   #7 
xxabc

Lol, resist it! I mean, unless she lets you. Then girl, you go for it! Hahaha :)
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote