Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-08-2010, 09:21 PM   #1 
nochoramet

Tailbiter's Anonymous Case 2: Chance

Here's some pics of Chance's journey through tail biting! His started when his mommy decided it would be a good idea to divide a 10g between Chance and Haze. Well, Chance decided he didn't like sharing a room, and began biting his lovely, full tail off. Of course, that scared his mommy to death, and she found out that it could be caused by seeing another male fish. So his mommy went and bought him a 2.5g so he could have it all to himself. With lots of love, clean water, a little aquarium salt, and food, his tail is grown all back and his mommy thinks he looks lovely!
Pictures are before he started, during, and now that it's grown back :D

Last edited by nochoramet; 02-14-2014 at 04:47 AM.
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:55 PM   #2 
SaylorKennedy

Nice job with him!
Yay Chance.
:)
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:17 PM   #3 
xxabc

How long did it take so far? I'm currently going through the "during" stage, although healing is VERY good. However there are still those huge white-finnage indicating he's still healing it. It's about a centimeter long, and also has grown about a centimeter (or two) back as well. So happy!

Congratulations on making it through

(Although I never did understand why it's called ____ Anonymous...)
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:22 PM   #4 
nochoramet

It's been a while, I'd say I caught it about the beginning of February, and it's the beginning of April, so about 2 months? 2 1/2?
Thank you though, I'm very proud of him
Old 04-08-2010, 11:23 PM   #5 
xxabc

What a coincidence, he started tailbiting in mid-to-late february... hopefully he'll finish soon!
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:24 PM   #6 
1fish2fish

I should send Damon to you... this boy is bout to drive me crazy!!! I just don't have the time right now to figure out whats causing it. So basically I'm treating.. he's biting.. we're getting no where.

I might try putting him next to phoebe..maybe a girlfriend will take his mind off his tail.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:27 PM   #7 
nochoramet

That's what doggyhog told me, if you put them beside a female they wouldn't be as stressed/bored. As she said, "all flirty, no bitey!"
But, ya know, I'd always love a new fish ;)
And xxabc, hopefully his fins will be done by May!
Old 04-08-2010, 11:34 PM   #8 
1fish2fish

Haha..I could send you my ratty ones and go to the show and get nice new ones ROFL.

I haven't tried the girlfriend thing yet (haven't had phoebe but a few weeks) so I'm interested to see if it works. The two boys she's stuck between now seem to like it so maybe Damon will too.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:44 PM   #9 
nochoramet

Haha! Well I'm getting frustrated, I can't tell if Fru has fin rot or is a tail biter. His tail looks WAYYYY different than Chance's did when he bit his tail off, but I was searching the threads for biting issues, and Fru's tail looks eerily similar to their tails. Why would Chance look like his tail was sliced off with a razor, but Fru's look all stringy and frazzled? How can you tell if it's fin rot or tailbiting?!?!
Old 04-09-2010, 07:39 AM   #10 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Wow, great job! Frost's tail was similar to your guys and he was in a divided tank. When I gave him the whole tank to himself his tail grew back very nicely. :) Maybe I should send Romeo to you, no matter what I do, he still bites his tail.lol
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote