Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-09-2010, 07:19 PM   #11 
beat2020

He's beautiful!
beat2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:26 PM   #12 
Nachoqtpie

Thanks! I think the kiddo did a pretty good job of picking him out! I will work on getting a better picture of him tomorrow. Hopefully without the big flash spot on the glass this time!

He really seems happy in the big tank with just him and the 2 snails in there. Of course I do plan on adding some more snails, but that shouldn't be too much of a bother to him. The snails pretty much stay hidden until it's dark-ish and then they come our and are all over the place. Gary and Squidward are usually found in the "rock cave" during the day, and sometimes Blueberry can be seen in there too, which is sort of surprising because we bought the big "cave" to help deflect the water flow from the filter which is off to the extreme left side of the tank. The snails need the filtration to keep the tank clean, and I know that the Betta don't exactly like the strong current, but he's been in there swimmin and playing around in the current at times! He's such an awesome little guy!
Nachoqtpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:48 PM   #13 
Nachoqtpie

Haha! Blueberry is the most awesome fish ever! Gary and Squidward were inching along in the tank and he decided to come watch me as I was watching the snails. I would put my finger to the glass and move it along and he would follow it. Of course, I had to already have my finger up there because when I first put it up there he swam away really fast, right into the cave, but I put it back up there and when he came back he started following it. What a smart lil bugger!
Old 04-09-2010, 10:42 PM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

They have wonderful personalities.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 02:36 AM   #15 
Starbright

I really enjoyed reading your story! How adorable :) It almost makes me want to go out and buy a snail! But sadly I have holes at the top of my aquariums for my filter and I don't want to risk it (or fill the hole)..

Your kids seem adorable :) I remember being like your son when I was small! Haha.. always wanting fish.. Blueberry is pretty! I've always loved the metallic scales only a betta can pull off ;D
Starbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 07:55 AM   #16 
Nachoqtpie

Usually, as long as there is enough food, apple snails will stay in the water, tho they are very curious. The rock cave has these little plastic plants on them, they're only a couple inches tall and there are about 5 of them, Gary likes to climb up them and get thrown around by the current! It's the funniest thing I think I've ever seen!

Last night I threw in a couple of algae waffers and part of a seaweed page into the tank for Gary and Squidward. Blueberry decided that he liked to eat the seaweed, and had about 3 mouthfulls of it. This morning I get up and walk to the tank to feed Blueberry and he's eating the algae waffers off the floor! LOL I guess I don't need to feed him right now! Is it possible that I have a vegan Betta?! LOL
Old 04-11-2010, 02:21 PM   #17 
CataclysmKitten

A vegan betta. Haha that's awesome.
I love blueberry, he looks like my feeshee!
CataclysmKitten is offline   Reply With Quote