Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-11-2010, 05:56 PM   #11 
1fish2fish

I hope thats all it is.. I know I put Prime in the tank before adding her. I couldn't properly acclimate them because I didn't want to risk some of the old water getting in the clean tanks.

Her color looks like its coming back a little.. I'm gonna feed her and put her in my closet (quiet and dark).. I might do that with Zippity also because she's go bad stress stripes.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:50 PM   #12 
javi

I may be wrong, but i believe that the walmarts are starting to stop carrying fish. Most of them in my area have stopped over the last year or so. Hopefully they are all going to stop. Love those males. Keep me in mind, i have two more 2.5 gallon tanks setting around unused.
javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:55 PM   #13 
1fish2fish

I have one wal-mart that does and one that doesn't. I like that this one has the fish because that means it has more fish stuff (when compared to the stores that don't carry live fish) but I just wish they were better treated :(

I'll keep you in mind when I start looking for adopters.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:33 PM   #14 
bloo97

Oooh! I LOVE boy #1.
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:42 PM   #15 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Ugh that disgusts me too! I LOVE the first boy, but I shouldn't get any more fish.lol I hope you can adopt them all out!
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:47 PM   #16 
1fish2fish

Well I guess I'll have no problem getting Spots (thats boy #1's name I decided) a home. Once his tail grows back Big Red (boy #2) is going to be beautiful and both the girls are cuties who just need a bit of growing up.. so don't count them out :)
Old 04-11-2010, 09:35 PM   #17 
1fish2fish

Final Names

I've settled on names for them all. Normally I take a lot of thought but since they're are **hopefully** not going to be with me forever I'm just giving them short cutsey names.

Girl 1: Zippity Do Dah or Zippity for short
Girl 2: Rosie because she has rosie red fins and thats a shy, sweet name just like her
Boy 1: Spots for the black spots he has. I looked closer and they seem to be part of his coloration.. perhaps he has some marble in him
Boy 2: Big Red. He is almost as big as Fish (body wise) and of course he's red. I actually think he may be a butterfly if his fins were grown out.. guess we'll see.

Everyone (my school included) got frozen blood worms for dinner and I actually got Rosie to eat and it looks like her color is coming back now that she is in my closet in the dark. She seems to have the dragon coloring but I can't tell if she has the dragon scaling or not.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:05 AM   #18 
mysquishy

That is horrible! Good for you. I think I may want Rosie once she is better. I love her. Could you get some more pics please?:)
mysquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:39 AM   #19 
1fish2fish

I'm going to give it a few days before messing with the girls. Right now they're in my closet in the dark but they still seemed stressed so I'm not going to bother them except for food.

Zippity's color has improved.. she actually has a little color! But she still has the stress stripes and Rosie is still paler than she was when I got her so I don't think they're ready to come out of the closet.

They're both so tiny. Compared to my female they look like fry! Rosie is slightly bigger than Zippity but they're only about 1in long including tail.

The boys seem to be doing fine. Spots just swims around and does his thing and Big Red comes up to the front of the tank to say hi.. he's a really sweet boy.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:36 AM   #20 
Starbright

Zippity looks like a danio! She looks SO stressed! That poor girl :[

I agree Spots is lovely! I amend you on your good deed! ^_^ Those cups looks disgusting!
Starbright is offline   Reply With Quote