Betta Fish Forum banner

New Nano planted tank

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  newfishmom 
#1 ·
Just the plants and wood right now! No fish yet.

Flourish
Flourish excel
Flourish potassium
Flourish iron

The front carpet is Dwarf Baby Tears
Accents on wood and background is Hairgrass
Dwarf Sag background
midground is Japonica

5.5 gallon

See less See more
#5 ·
Hahah!! man that made me laugh. your a champ kittles.

Well I have a pretty good local fish store and they love me there, they always hook me up with great deals and they also let me know when they get new stock on things.

I get my aquascapes ideas from the mister amazing, Takashi Amano. I love his style. I take a long time to prepare myself to plant these tanks. I actually drew a picture of something like this at work then went to the store and bought the plants and such.

#7 ·
Well, what timing I have, because I too did a little aquascaping today and I got my ideas from none other than mister (misses? :shock:) amazing, Hadouken441. Can I be a self proclaimed protoge, or is that illegal?

Anyways, I love your tanks, and this one is no exception.

#9 ·
Do you get the yellowish color from your wood?

#11 ·
Okay, thank you!

#13 ·
I used one finger to push roots down and then pinched sand around the stems :D I think i have little hands or something because everyone moans about how hard it is to plant hairgrass and baby tears but i have no problem at all haha

#14 ·
Hadouken, I am impressed.

I have watched your aquascaping mature wildly, and you definitely have knack for it.

Now that I have moved all my guys to my 28 gallon, I was planning on going back and playing with my 10 gallon in a fashion more like this. With a nice large piece of drift wood being the center focal point, and perhpas just shrimp and a single male betta making up the inhabitants.

Very impressive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.