Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-12-2010, 05:29 PM   #1 
nochoramet

Wannntttt

Ok, so I went to the petstore to buy some more food, and checked out the bettas. THEY HAVE A PLAKAT!!! AHHH!! I want him SOOOO bad! But I have NO room. I could squeeze him in somewhere, but gah, he's so beautiful I want him really bad. He's black with dark blue fins, and those leopard spots. They also had a king betta (it's so surprising cuz this pet store normally just has blue and red veil tails.) and a red butterfly veil tail. I'm so tempted to buy all three! Then I talked to the lady up front, and she said the plakats were females >.< I tried to explain they weren't (They definitely weren't females, I can promise you. Too colorful, too big, etc.) but she is set on males have long fins, females have short ones. Whatever. I want that plakat so bad.
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:55 PM   #2 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Lol we're all hopeless when the betta bug gets us! :P I wasn't going to get anymore fish but I bought Patriot last Friday and I went to Petco today to get a plant and I bought a king betta! Usually they're kind of ugly but this guy is amazing!! :)

I'd say get him, someone with less experience will probably stick him in a small bowl and you'll give him love and attention. :)
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:05 PM   #3 
nochoramet

You're not helping!! lol I really, REALLY want to get him, because that pet store doesn't take good care of their bettas. I only go there because I like the food they sell better than Walmarts. He's so beautiful though...
Old 04-12-2010, 07:18 PM   #4 
CodeRed

Gettt himm, or themm, or whateverr :P If you can take care of them, they're pretty much guaranteed to have a better life with you who ACTUALLY knows something, than with a bunch of spoiled kids who will fight them to the death.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:32 PM   #5 
BettaxFishxCrazy

You know you want to!!!lol :D
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:37 PM   #6 
vaygirl

Get them! Because I can't get anymore and I have to live through you guys! Plakats are awesomely beautiful fish. Kilo says get em all!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:44 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

Go get them! lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:29 PM   #8 
nochoramet

Gah you guys are NO HELP WHATSOEVER! Haha well I guess it's my fault that I posted it. I don't know though, I really don't have room for anything but another 2.5 gallon, if even that! But this would be my first plakat, and I'm really tempted to own one to see how they're different than a long finned betta. I might go back tomorrow...
Old 04-12-2010, 09:41 PM   #9 
javi

If they are willing to sell it to ya at a female price then go for it. Heehee. I am thinking of building a big tall shelf that will accomadate a few tanks and not take up too much room and still look nice.
javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:19 PM   #10 
nochoramet

Well this pet store sells them all at the same price, so it wouldn't be any different... I'm really feeling the itch