Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-12-2010, 09:23 PM   #11 
Romad
TFK Moderator

I hope you do go out and get yourself a betta. They have tons of personality and they're beautiful to look at.

We'll see if you can stick to just one after you have it for a while. I only wanted one and I'm up to 6 betta tanks LOL.

Everone else covered the basics so I'll just add that when you pick out decorations for your tank, stick to soft ones with no sharp edges (leafy silk plant and a little cave ought to do it). Their fins are very delicate and can tear on sharp or rough objects.

Welcome to the forum.
Romad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:13 PM   #12 
xxabc

Going to add to Romad's post.

If you find a plastic plant (plastics have reputations to shred betta fins) that you really like, run it over VERY well with a pantyhose. If it snags, even a little (you have to watch for it. And I'm actually quite terrible at it), it will snag your betta's tail if it ever runs up against it.

Also, rough things aren't very good either. Things like lava rock... if a betta runs into it, it can rip and/or damage scales. And tails.
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote