Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-12-2010, 06:06 PM   #1 
CodeRed

I want to cry :3

Tears of joy, that is. On the day I got back from my vacation, I found two of my fish dead, one being my first, and the other my favorite. I talked to my friend, crying, and she reassured me, and I was so thankful for that. Today, she became someone I love and respect, and I will now defend her no matter what. When everyone else said "it's just a fish", she stuck by me and tried to reassure me, and was very, very sensitive through it all. She's been telling me she has a gift, and I had no idea what it was until now....

Meet Saphire, AKA Saff (Named by her, not me :P)

Of course my stepdad, who killed my fish, had the gall to ask "Do they have a return policy on that?" I just turned and walked away. He bugs me, but I'm not one to lose my temper, no matter how much he deserves to be chewed out.

And YES, I know, horrible pictures. The lighting in my room is terrible, because I am currently running on one lightbulb instead of three. xD I'm trying to get my mom to take me to Pet Supplies Plus to pick up a tank, then he can get settled in. Otherwise he'll be in a one gallon D:

If the pictures are big, I apologize D: Photobucket isn't working right at the moment...

Edit:
Also... hmmm... I felt this wasn't fit really for the Photo Gallery because it was more of a "OMG, LOOK!" thread, than a "FISHHEREPLEASELOOK" thread. You know? If it should be changed, I'm alright with that, though (: Just wasn't quite sure...

Last edited by CodeRed; 04-12-2010 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Failure
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:27 PM   #2 
doggyhog

AW!!! He's beautiful!!!! So glad you got another boy, that was SO sweet of your friend!!

Sorry 'bout your step dad and the way he's been acting, makes me think of how grateful I am that my parents don't mind my fish and like them.
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:29 PM   #3 
sstacy19

very pretty boy!
sstacy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:35 PM   #4 
Narnian

He's such a beautiful blue color! Your friend sounds amazing, that was really sweet of her to do that. :)
Narnian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:21 PM   #5 
CodeRed

Thanks everyone! She really has shown herself to be someone I can really rely on when I need her.
Back to Saff... I put his (sadly) one gallon tank next to Shani, and he's not even out of the cup yet and he's ALREADY flirting with her xD It's so cute to see, especially because he's so smalll xDD
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:42 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

Congrats! Saff is beautiful!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:23 PM   #7 
nochoramet

He's so pretty :) That was really sweet of your friend to do..
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:35 PM   #8 
Starbright

I agree with the above! Saff is so cute!! He's so small :D Such a pretty VT! Also, you have a really nice friend. My BEST friend keeps saying "It's just a fish" = =. Sigh. I'm sorry for your losses though ;[ And for your step dad. At least he lets you have all those fish! My mom is so intolerable about more than one betta! I think I'm going to go crazy!
Starbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:17 AM   #9 
Neelie

he is beautiful congrats!

so happy to hear bout your nice friend too! there aren't enough like her on this planet! and dont fret bout your stepdad.... i think the words "stepdad" and "stepmother" are usually horror to kids involved lol. my stepmum is a real snake. and im not joking. she is the most horrible person in the world...
Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:14 PM   #10 
Min

Congrats on ur new boy & ur good friend for understanding & listening. My hubby is the only one that would understand (or at least act like it) & honestly I still think he doesnt get it. He at least tries :P
Min is offline   Reply With Quote