Hi! This is my first time posting, and I have a few questions about my new tank set up. (Please note, these pictures are thumbnails, if you click on them, they will take you to the full size image on Photobucket)
I have Franklin in a plastic storage container with the lid cut out and replaced with window mesh, as you can see here:
Before I had him in a 1 gallon tank, and I felt sorry for him, hence the makeshift tank.
The container is 12 liters (3.1 gal) and is filled to probably a little under 3 gallons.
I am using the Tetra Whisper Internal Filter for 1-3 gallons (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tetra-Whis...-1-ct/10291765
and a 7.5 watt heater (http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...&lmdn=SHOP+FOR
). I have a thermometer hanging in the tank, as well.
I have two fake plants, as well as a mini flower pot with the hole hot glued over so he can't get stuck. Upon next water change, I will be removing the last traces of multi-colored gravel from the tank.
Now, for the questions:
1) Does this seem like an acceptable set up?
2) How often will I need to change the water?
3) Franklin seems to be a very picky eater- he'll eat a pellet then spit it out, but he gobbles up frozen bloodworms ( I only give him one if he hasn't finished his meal). What should I do about this?
4) Are there any acceptable tank-mates for this size? If so, what would they be? Franklin is very feisty- he spends a considerable amount of his time flaring at his reflection.
5) Does he need a light? I could (in theory) put his light under the cabinet above his tank, but is it really necessary? He'll be living in the kitchen.
And here's a glamor shot of him, just for fun.
Thanks in advance for any and all advice!
(Also, if anyone is so inclined, an explanation on the proper way to post photos would be much appreciated.)