Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-14-2010, 10:25 PM   #21 
xxabc

Oh I tried that before. She laughed, but felt bad (she thought she insulted me) and gave me 5 dollars, lol :) Loss/Win? It's true though, however they seem to be fine. (But only "seem"...)

If I ever do decide to change to black, I'll probably keep the gravel in storage... I'll choose a weekend when they're gone and do it! But who knows when that'll be? I guess I could... flat out lie and say "the gravel was contaminated." Is anyone against lying to the parental units? :P
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:37 PM   #22 
brancasterr

You wouldn't be lying if you contaminated it on purpose! Although I don't condone lying to the parentals I seemed to do it all the time wen I lived at home. "Who ate all the cereal!" "Little sister!" , "Who broke this window!" "The dog did it!"

Bahaha. Not really bad lies, just little white ones to avoid trouble. xD
brancasterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:45 PM   #23 
Kittles

Broke the window.

Say it's got too much poop in it. Ammonia problem. Need to let it settle outside of the tank.
Kittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:49 PM   #24 
brancasterr

I was 8 and threw a bottle of coke at my sister (playfully), she dodged and it went through the window. My mom came home and we told her it was our puppy. Hahaha, she didn't get in trouble though.
brancasterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:13 AM   #25 
FuulieQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJadeBetta View Post
My mother doesn't care. I can be like "Mom I need this." And she is like "Okay, which pet store do we need to go to?"
I am. SO. Jealous of you right now. Whenever I need something I have to go through this cycle of begging, explaining WHY I need it, justifying my existence, the fish's existence, the meaning of life, solving differential equations, proving that without this thing the earth will collapse, etc., etc.
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:14 AM   #26 
Apriles

As one of those parental units I will tell you what the problem with lying to them is:

You think they are annoying now...but if they find out you lied to them just to get what you want they will become twice as annoying when they don't trust when you are telling the truth.

It's really not worth it, especially over something like gravel. :)
Apriles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:26 AM   #27 
FuulieQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apriles View Post
As one of those parental units I will tell you what the problem with lying to them is:

You think they are annoying now...but if they find out you lied to them just to get what you want they will become twice as annoying when they don't trust when you are telling the truth.

It's really not worth it, especially over something like gravel. :)
Yes, that's true. :I Speaking from experience.
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:47 AM   #28 
xxabc

Haha I knew it, someone has to say it sooner or later! But how will they ever find out? They are 0% involved in the fish hobby aside from... a few funds here and there. Haha

Talking about ammonia/nitrite/nitrate is a lost cause. I shudder at the thought of explaining it (my mother doesn't speak perfect english and my father has other things to be bothered with)....!!

Haha brancasterr, I remember when I broke the wall! Me and my brother opened the door WAY too quickly and too strong, so the doorknob went through the wall... My dad asks "Who did it?!" And we both go "S/HE DID!". It didn't work. LOL. Guess we shoulda had a dog then, huh? Lol ;)
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote