Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
View Poll Results: What should I put in my tall 30 gallon?
Try dividing it in half for male bettas 1 9.09%
Female betta sorority 8 72.73%
Goldfish tank with some black Moors 2 18.18%
Other... 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2010, 04:45 PM   #1 
mysquishy

Dividing a tall 30 gallon

I have a 30 gallon and I do not know what to do with it. I thought about dividing it but that may be difficult since it is a tall tank. How would I divide a taller tank? LIke a DIY divider. I then was thinking of maybe a sorority with female bettas or just do some different fish like some goldfish. We are really liking those fat black type or goldfish. I think they are black Moor goldfish or something like that. So what does everyone think I should do?
mysquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:16 PM   #2 
doggyhog

Sorority all the way!!!!!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:18 PM   #3 
darkangel216

A 30g would make an awesome sorority tank, and you won't have to worry about dividing it! You can also put other fish in with them depending on how many females you put in it. Though I may be biased since I'm starting to work on a sorority tank myself and I love female bettas. :)
darkangel216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:32 AM   #4 
Brains

A 30 gallon tall tank isn't really ideal for goldfish, but it could work. If you go down that road them you need to get a 300gph filter and be prepared to do 50-75% water changes a week. You could keep 2 fancy goldfish living very comfortably in that tank. I am sure other people will say you can keep more, but I tend to go with the lower stocking numbers. I absolutely love goldfish, they are my favorite freshwater fish, but I just got tired of changing water on my 60 gallon by using buckets haha.
Brains is offline   Reply With Quote