Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-15-2010, 03:22 PM   #1 
mysquishy

Angry Stupid!!

One of the closer petstores to me is one called Zamzows. They sell all kinds of pets and lawn care type of stuff. It is like a feed store/petstore. Well, I went in to look at their bettas and they have beautiful ones. The only things was the small contaiers they put them in. The poor betas could not even stretch out and many of the VTs only had like half of their tails and I know it was because of the small containers. Those are the smallest containers I have ever seen a betta in at a petstore. Then I find another one off by itself in a tiny tiny bolw proably not much bigger than my hubby's fist and it had a plant sitting on top with the roots almost filling up almost the whole bowl. The fish had NO WHERE to swim!! He had to stay in one spot and there was no way for him to swim up and get oxygen. They were also selling those bowls by the bettas. I can't believe people would actually use those bowls. It just made me so angry. I wanted to buy that poor betta so bad. He was a dalmation with the brightest orange coloring. But sadly I didn't have them money at the time to buy another betta. :(
mysquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:15 PM   #2 
bloo97

I'm thinking that those people aren't smart. (The owners of the Store)
They need too go on this website! hehehehehehe....
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:48 PM   #3 
1fish2fish

is it a private store or a chain? Try to educate them on proper betta care
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:14 PM   #4 
Jayy

they really should learn or know about something if they're going to try and sell it
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:36 PM   #5 
TigerLily

I would have asked to speak with their manager and offered to bring in some care sheets. You never know when a little advice might make a big difference.
TigerLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:37 PM   #6 
tanker

I would complain about it. Also, I wouldn't buy from there. If you buy, it only encourages them to continue. If people deprive them of a market by refusing to buy and telling them why, they might change their practices.
tanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:37 PM   #7 
mysquishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
I would have asked to speak with their manager and offered to bring in some care sheets. You never know when a little advice might make a big difference.
I was thinking about dong this next time I go in there. My petco has great care sheets available for the customers and I think that every pet store selling fish should do that.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:40 PM   #8 
mysquishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanker View Post
I would complain about it. Also, I wouldn't buy from there. If you buy, it only encourages them to continue. If people deprive them of a market by refusing to buy and telling them why, they might change their practices.
That is true. I haven't bought anything from that store in many years. They are sooo much better than they used to be with all the other animals but not with the bettas. Well, the water looked ok it's just how small the cups were and the fish had really no where to swim. I am really thinking about emailing and complaining, calling, or even better going back in there and complaining in person. I am a very quiet and shy person so this is not an easy thing for me to do. I did complain at walmart because I was mad so I think I could do it again. If I wasn't in a hurry I might have said something to the lady over by the fish.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 04-16-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:42 PM   #9 
mysquishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
is it a private store or a chain? Try to educate them on proper betta care
I think it is just a couple of stores owned in Idaho area. I have never seen them anywhere else. http://www.zamzows.com/
Old 04-16-2010, 05:02 PM   #10 
TigerLily

Quote:
I am really thinking about emailing and complaining, calling, or even better going back in there and complaining in person. I am a very quiet and shy person so this is not an easy thing for me to do.
I know what you mean. I find it difficult to speak up as well, but as long as you go about it in a polite and helpful way, there's no harm done. Think of it this way...The fish can't speak up. If you don't speak for them, who will?
TigerLily is offline   Reply With Quote